11 Healthy Reasons Why You Need a Better Blender
For those of us obsessed with upping our nutrient game to get the high quantities of fruits and veggies recommended daily, a blender is a must have. However, all blenders are not created equally. If you’ve ever tried to blend a carrot in a normal blender, you’ll know exactly what we’re talking about. That’s why we’re obsessed with Vitamix, a kitchen tool that goes beyond blending to turn any fruit or veggie into a liquid masterpiece — also see: more affordable competitors like Blendtec and the Ninja Ultima Pro. A powerful blender is an investment that’ll make a huge impact in your kitchen, and more importantly, your health. We’re sharing 11 reasons why you might fall in love with this magical machine.
1. Make Creamy Soups or Broths: Craving a creamy broccoli soup, but not in the mood to simmer all day? Simply add all your veggies to your high power blender, and the friction will actually heat up the contents by the time the blending process is complete. If you don’t want to go fully creamy with your soup, blend the veggies until fine and then add them to a pot with broth to help decrease cooking time. (Photo via Vitamix)
2. Your Chopping Days Are Over: Not to sound like a cheesy infomercial, but aren’t you sick of chopping a million veggies to make dinner? Let the Vitamix do the work for you. Throw everything in that you want to chop, and boom! You’ve got chopped veggies ready to sauté. (Photo via Tommy Nichols, Raw Blend)
3. Eat a Day’s Worth of Fruits + Veggies: It’s really hard to pack in all the vital nutrients that your body needs by just eating whole foods. You’d be chewing all day long! Solution? Blend them up, baby! You’ll get all the amazing vitamins and minerals, plus keep the fiber that juicing leaves out. (Photo via SkinnyMs.)
4. Fall in Love With Super Foods: Mushroom powders, maca, cocoa, gogi berries and blue green algae, oh my! Incorporating these super foods into your diet just got easier — just add a few teaspoons to a smoothie to seriously up the flavor and substance. (Photo via Shape.com)
5. Embrace New Recipes: A serious blender will inspire you to get creative in the kitchen with new sauce recipes, spices and dressings. Make your own marinade for next weekend’s barbecue or create a whole new concoction. We’re impressed by this Vitamix cheesecake recipe. (Photo via The Blenderist)
6. Easily Whip Up Party Snacks: Have you ever wanted to blow your guests away with a homemade marinade, dessert, salsa or dressing? This is your chance to shine in the kitchen. (Photo via Knead to Cook)
7. Trick Friends With Healthy Swaps: Bringing a treat to work to celebrate a coworker’s birthday? The avocado in here can be our little secret. (Photo via SavorHomeBlog)
8. Make Fancy Lunches: Going out for lunch is easy, but the calories and cost can really add up. Owning a serious blender can help you make salads, dressings and tasty wrap ingredients easily, so you’ll have them ready to eat all week long. (Photo via Kimberly Snyder)
9. Take Yourself on a Vacation Any Time: Get ready to explore some amazing cocktail creations with your blender. Want the best margarita of all time? Drop whole fruit, like pineapple, coconut, kiwi, grapefruit or oranges, with a little ice, lime and tequila, and you’ll feel like you’re on a tropical beach. (Photo via Vitamix)
10. Hide Bitter, Healthy Greens: If you can’t stand the taste or texture of greens, slip them into your smoothie to mask the bitter flavors and make even the pickiest of eaters swoon. (Photo via Taste of Divine)
11. Save Money: Blending allows you to keep the fiber in foods intact, lessens cleaning time and allows you to save a ton of money because you need about half the produce to blend when compared to juicing. If you find yourself constantly buying green juice, try a Vitamix — the adjustments on it will allow you to get to a super smooth texture that’s almost identical to juice. (Photo via RachelCooks)
Do you own a Vitamix? Tell us what you love about it in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.