20 Red, White, and Blue Sweets and Treat Recipes
It’s almost Independence Day, and that means it’s almost time for 4th of July themed desserts. We’re excited to try out a lot of these red, white, and blue sweets and treats. (Here are the ones we tried last year.) You’ll notice strawberries and blueberries (in addition to a lot of food coloring!) play a huge role in this holiday because not only are they the right colors, but they are in season and at their best during the summer. If you are looking for more red, white, and blue inspiration, check out our favorite party supplies, our favorite clothing and accessories, and of course our favorite nautical-inspired styles.
1. Fantastic Fireworks Cake: The best thing about this cake is how easy it is to make. You want the fireworks to feel random, so just drop some food coloring in the batter and swirl for a burst of red and blue. (via Grandma’s Kitchen)
2. 4th of July Strawberries: Instead of dark chocolate, dip your strawberries in white chocolate and cover the tip in blue sprinkles for a patriotic, and somewhat healthy, dessert. (via The Sisters Cafe)
12. Red, White, and Blue Firecracker Popsicles: What do we love about this popsicle recipe? The fact that the layers are made of fruit purées and yogurt instead of artificial colors. (via Brown-Eyed Baker)
13. Red, White, and Blue Pinwheel Icebox Cookies: These swirled cookies take a bit more effort to make since you have to roll and chill the dough a couple of times, but the results are definitely worth it. (via Just a Taste)
14. Patriotic Pinwheel Cupcakes: If you’re a pro at fondant this is a great project to show off your skills. If you’re new to cake decorating, the step-by-step photos in this post are super clear and easy to follow. (via Half Baked)
What red, white, and blue desserts are you planning to serve for your 4th of July get-together? Tell us in the comments or on Twitter!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.