20 Red, White, and Blue Sweets and Treat Recipes
It’s almost Independence Day, and that means it’s almost time for 4th of July themed desserts. We’re excited to try out a lot of these red, white, and blue sweets and treats. (Here are the ones we tried last year.) You’ll notice strawberries and blueberries (in addition to a lot of food coloring!) play a huge role in this holiday because not only are they the right colors, but they are in season and at their best during the summer. If you are looking for more red, white, and blue inspiration, check out our favorite party supplies, our favorite clothing and accessories, and of course our favorite nautical-inspired styles.
1. Fantastic Fireworks Cake: The best thing about this cake is how easy it is to make. You want the fireworks to feel random, so just drop some food coloring in the batter and swirl for a burst of red and blue. (via Grandma’s Kitchen)
2. 4th of July Strawberries: Instead of dark chocolate, dip your strawberries in white chocolate and cover the tip in blue sprinkles for a patriotic, and somewhat healthy, dessert. (via The Sisters Cafe)
12. Red, White, and Blue Firecracker Popsicles: What do we love about this popsicle recipe? The fact that the layers are made of fruit purées and yogurt instead of artificial colors. (via Brown-Eyed Baker)
13. Red, White, and Blue Pinwheel Icebox Cookies: These swirled cookies take a bit more effort to make since you have to roll and chill the dough a couple of times, but the results are definitely worth it. (via Just a Taste)
14. Patriotic Pinwheel Cupcakes: If you’re a pro at fondant this is a great project to show off your skills. If you’re new to cake decorating, the step-by-step photos in this post are super clear and easy to follow. (via Half Baked)
What red, white, and blue desserts are you planning to serve for your 4th of July get-together? Tell us in the comments or on Twitter!