11 Festive Decor Trends from Restoration Hardware’s Holiday Line
Many people seem to have definite ideas about when it is appropriate to start decorating for the holidays. If you’re trying hard to wait, you might not be able to once you’ve seen Restoration Hardware’s dreamy new holiday line — it’s a real beauty. From metallic accents to faux fur and sparking lights, these “cozy-luxe” pieces will dress up your space, but aren’t so holiday-specific that you have to hide them before your New Year’s party. So whether you’re waiting until after Thanksgiving or you started stringing up twinkle lights yesterday, here are 11 trendy RH ideas to create a winter wonderland that will be in style season after season.
1. Faux Fur Everything (from $23): From faux fur stockings to a Christmas tree skirt and even furry wine bags for the hostess, it looks like fur is in. Faux fur is a great way to get that luxe, festive look in your home without going all-out glitter and gold.
2. Twinkle, Twinkle Everywhere ($50 – $70): Christmas decor and string lights were pretty much made for each other. Once you’ve managed to untangle those strings (seriously, how do they get into knots by sitting in box?), display them in all kinds of unique places, like under cloches.
3. Mercury Glass (from $9): Reminisce on Christmas past with these vintage-inspired mercury glass ornaments in shades of gold, silver and red. The faceted gem shapes are definitely modern, but the mercury glass gives the illusion that you’ve had these beauties for generations.
4. Dipped in Gold ($55 – $95): Gold-dipped accessories have got to be one of the most fun decorating trends because they’re such an easy way to make over anything. Case in point? These otherwise simple vases turned glam.
6. Twig Decorations ($39): Remember those snowflakes you made as a kid by gluing sticks together? Well, this grown-up version has that same rustic charm, but with the added charm of pretty lights.
7. Luxe Barware ($99 – $129): ‘Tis the season for some seriously festive cocktails. If your bar cart and mad mixology skills will be front and center this season, perk up your cocktail game with some luxe barware that you can enjoy all year long.
8. Rustic Decor ($45): Holiday decorations are usually — but totally don’t have to be — super expensive, so it’s refreshing to see decor trends that you can literally find out in your yard. Twist some Christmas lights into some branches for a festive and sparkly mantel piece and use bouquets of branches to decorate the table.
9. Bold String Lights ($32): You can’t say “Christmas decor” without thinking of tiny sparkling lights. Why not switch things up this year with big, bold globe lights? The gold and silver balls will give a soft flow wherever you use them, but the red lights are amazing because they look like giant, oversized holly berries.
10. Snowglobes ($40): Those magical little worlds of water and snow are coming back into style. You won’t find any tacky reindeer and Santa here. Surprise, surprise, there is a globe featuring twinkling lights and another globe option where you can insert your own photo. Group a couple together on the coffee table for a festive vignette you can leave up all season long.
11. Simple Wreaths ($60): Instead of hassling with wreaths made out of greenery, take a more Scandinavian, minimalist approach with branch wreaths. Keep the look natural or spray the wreath gold and white if you want a more glam look. And wrap in some lights, obviously.
What is your favorite piece from RH’s holiday line? Tell us what you think in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)