Luxe alert: nothing glams up common household items and accessories like a little dip in some good ol’ gold paint. The gold-dipped trend is everywhere right now, and for good reason — major impact with minimal effort. Ready to get your DIY on? Try one of these 18 gold-dipped DIY projects to add a little more glitter and glam to your life.
1. Wooden Spoons: Brighten up simple wooden spoons with this easy project. Now they’re perfect for entertaining! (via Lovely Indeed)
2. Gold and White Candlesticks: Give plain white candlesticks a little extra oomph. (via Brit + Co)
3. Gold-Dipped Pitchers: Pouring sangria just got way fancier! (via Style Me Pretty)
4. Mirror: Turn a plain mirror into the fairest of them all with a splash of gold. (via Hello Lidy)
5. Leather Feather Earrings: Boho meets glam in this fun, gold-fringed feather earring craft. Don these for outfit perfection! (via Brit + Co)
6. Crystal Necklace: This DIY looks totally high-end, and all it takes is a little gold paint and a quartz crystal. So fab. (via Chic Steals)
7. Gold-Tipped Ballet Flats: Hey twinkle toes — glam up some basic footwear with a little gold spray paint. (via Brit + Co)
8. Pink and Gold Stools: Give some plain stools a makeover with a bright pop of pink and a touch of gold. Your kitchen counter will thank you. (via Honey Bear Lane)
9. Gold-Dipped Balloons: Take your next party to whole new level of glitz with DIY gold-dipped balloons. (via Balloon Time)
10. Confetti Balloons: For a fun twist on the gold-dipped balloon look, try gold foil confetti and a bit of glue instead of paint. (via Studio DIY)
11. Gold-Dipped Leaves: Put your inner nature lover to work for this simple project. Gathered gold-dipped leaves would look beautiful framed and hung on the wall. (via Leif Blog)
12. Leather and Gold Bookmarks: The ultimate in thrifty chic — an old leather jacket is glammed up with a bit of gold paint to make beautiful bookmarks. Ditch the e-reader for a bit so you can stick these in a real book. (via Dollar Store Crafts)
13. Pear Placecards: Fruit looks elegant when spray painted white and dipped in gold. Too pretty (and toxic) to eat. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
14. Gold and White Ceramics: Get the gold-dipped look on simple white ceramic vessels with gold paint and painter’s tape. (via Brit + Co)
15. Gold-Dipped Bud Vases: Gold paint shines brightly next to crystal clear glass. These bud vases look gorgeous alone or bunched into a group.
16. Bright Plant Pots: Indulge your succulent obsession with this pretty plant pot DIY. The color options are endless! (via Homey Oh My)
17. Gold-Tipped Feathers: One way to improve Mother Nature? Glitz up pretty patterned feathers with a touch of shine. (via Honestly WTF)
18. Notebook: Take notes in style with this graphic gilded notebook, courtesy of a little gold leaf. Perfect for carrying to class or keeping track of your busy schedule. (via Eat Sleep Cuddle)
Got a gold-dipped DIY project we should know about? Tell us in the comments below!