You may have been under the impression that National Salsa Month is every month, but it is actually in May. Maybe it’s got a little something to do with Cinco de Mayo? ;) No doubt at this stage in the game you’ve got your drinks and decor on lockdown for the holiday, so let’s get some food inspo going, shall we? Salsa is a classic, and in its standard iteration is pretty good for you, making for a great all-around snack. Try out some of these variations to keep party guests guessing and give your chips a break from the usual. Olé!
1. Pomegranate Pear Salsa: Who says tomatoes need to be in the mix when making salsa? Pomegranate and pear take center stage while the usual suspects — red onion and cilantro — cut some of the inherent sweetness. (via Gimme Some Oven)
3. Roasted Vegetable Salsa: Roasting vegetables imparts a great texture and deep flavor for this salsa. Serve it up while it’s still warm, and pair with margaritas for the happiest hour you’ve ever spent at home. (via Rue Mag)
5. Restaurant Style Salsa: Fact: Making restaurant-style salsa at home will keep you from overstuffing with other foods, like tacos or quesadillas. Grab an extra chip and take that as a win! (via Damn Delicious)
7. Roasted Salsa Verde: Go green by using tomatillos to make a blended salsa. This tomato cousin is slightly tart, but has a brighter taste than your typical garden variety. (via Confessions of a Foodie)
8. Radish and Cucumber Salsa: Go way out of the box with this salsa made with radishes and cucumbers. The zing of radish paired with cooling cucumber is just what your next dinner party needs. (via A Girl Defloured)
9. Roasted Corn Salsa: There’s nothing that beats the taste of grilled corn, except pairing it with other veggies and dipping in your fave chips, of course. With a few more add-ins, this would also make a great succotash to serve as a side dish. (via Whipperberry)
10. Avocado Salsa: Raise your hand if you love guac. This is similar in taste but just a little chunkier for easier scooping. If you’ve ever broken a chip in guacamole, we’re sure you see why this is wonderful. (via Cooking Classy)
12. Five-Ingredient Mango Salsa: Whip up a fruit-based salsa fast with this easy recipe containing only five ingredients. Note: Have extra on hand, because this delish dip will go in the blink of an eye. (via Gimme Some Oven)
13. Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa: All hail the burrito gods at Chipotle. Delicious as it is, digging into the Mexican-inspired cuisine on a weekly basis isn’t too great for you. Get a little of that goodness by making their signature corn salsa at home, no waiting in line necessary. (via Skinny Mom)
14. Peach Salsa: It doesn’t get more summery than this. Juicy peaches are exactly what snack time has been missing. Be sure to have some on hand for your first cookout of the season. (via A Kitchen Addiction)
15. Mango Papaya Fruit Salsa: Make salsa a little more exotic by adding sweet papaya to the mix. Added nutrients from the healthy fruit means you can have a bit more of this yummy salsa to nosh on. (via Tastes Lovely)
What snacks will you be enjoying for Cinco de Mayo? Share your menu with us in the comments!