Whether you’re hosting an adults-only party or looking for a couple fun surprises to toss into your little leprechaun’s lunchbox, sweet treats are one of the best things about St. Paddy’s Day. Got a hankering for a booze-infused shake? Some shamrock-shaped cookies? Whatever culinary pot of gold you’re seeking, these 13 recipes will satisfy your sweet tooth and make channeling the luck of the Irish tastier than ever.
1. Green Tea Frozen Yogurt: With winter winding down, it’s time to start thinking about fun frozen treats again. Serve shamrock-shaped frozen yogurt on St. Patrick’s Day, then save the recipe for all of your summer pool parties. (via Posh Little Designs)
2. Plaid Shamrock Cookies: Plaid nails? Check. Outfit? Check. Desserts? You bet, thanks to this sham-rockin’ tutorial that explains how to stencil the cutest cookie design ever. (via SugarEd Productions)
3. Shamrock Shake Cupcakes: Drink your shake, then eat it too! These mint-flavored cupcakes taste just like the drinkable version, and are even topped with tiny straws. (via Family Fresh Meals)
4. Green Velvet Cheesecake Shamrocks: Any time is the right time for cheesecake, especially when it’s swirled together with gorgeous green velvet. (via The Novice Chef)
5. Chocolate Marshmallow Shamrock Pops: Stumped about what to send to school for your kid’s St. Paddy’s Day party? Chocolate marshmallow pops are sure to be a huge hit. (via Bake Love Give)
6. Boozy Shamrock Shake: So long, Golden Arches. This vodka-infused shamrock shake is easy to whip up right in your own kitchen. (via SheKnows)
7. Shamrock Pretzel Pops: What do you get when you combine pretzels, M&Ms and Rolo candies? The ultimate salty-sweet snack. (via Jessica Weible Blogs)
8. Baileys Salted Caramel Chocolate Shamrock Cookies: Bursting with Baileys and salted caramel, these cocoa sandwich cookies just might be our new favorite thing. (via Buttercream Blondie)
9. Shamrock Peek-a-Boo Pound Cake: Because it’s what’s on the inside that really counts. (via Life, Love + Sugar)
10. Shamrock Macarons: Chocolate-ganache macarons with our morning coffee? Don’t mind if we do. (via Raspberri Cupcakes)
11. Rainbow Shamrock Cookies: Even if they don’t end up leading you to a pot of gold, these double-decker cookies are as much a feast for the eyes as they are for your taste buds. (via Bake at 350)
12. Shamrock Rice Krispie Treats: Aspiring young chefs will love helping you make these shamrock-shaped Rice Krispie treats. (via I Heart Naptime)
13. Lemon Shamrock Cupcakes: No blarney, these gumdrop-topped cupcakes are good to the very last bite. (via Barbara Bakes)
What other shamrock-inspired desserts will you be munching on this St. Patrick’s Day? Share some sweet ideas below.