Valentine’s Day is all about love. Love is also the theme of our latest Tone It Up Challenge, where we encourage you to #lookforlove every single day. Love is everywhere if you open your heart to it. And we don’t just mean with your significant other. Your best friend deserves some attention too. A little sign of appreciation goes a long way. Try our five tips to make your bestie feel like the wonderful lady she is — on Valentine’s Day and every day!
1. Bake her a chocolate-y treat. What better way to tell someone you love ’em than with chocolate?! Give your gal pal a sweet treat that will ALSO help her reach her fitness goals. We’re talkin’ chocolate donuts. YUP. They use plant-based, non-GMO Perfect Fit Protein, which helps build lean muscle and tastes amazing. Make a few for her, but save one for yourself too. You’re going to want some! Grab the recipe HERE!
2. Give ’em a shout-out. Tell your girl that you appreciate her with a li’l Insta #womencrushwednesday love. Take some time to write from your heart about all the reasons she means so much to you. Let the world know just how badass your bestie is! ;)
3. Make a DIY bouquet. Deck out her house or work desk with a homemade flower arrangement! Store-bought bouquets are great, but the added effort of putting it together yourself will make it extra special. You can find flowers outside or buy some from a local farmers’ market or grocery store to work with. Spruce up the vase by tying a sparkly ribbon around the top. Add a thoughtful note to finish it off!
4. Treat her to a workout class. Those who sweat together, stay together!! Karena and I love going on workout dates. It makes the burn so much more enjoyable! Set up a workout date with your gal pal and pay for her sesh. Bonus points if you pick her all-time favorite class or teacher. Not a fan of classes? Invite her over for a Tone It Up workout (try our brand new BODY LOVE routines), and blend her up a post-workout Perfect Fit Smoothie!
5. Throw a girls’ night in. Remember how fun middle school sleepover parties were?! Invite your friend over for an adult version! Pick out a fave rom-com, whip up some healthy popcorn (like THIS recipe), pour some vino and throw on a face mask. HERE are a few ideas for DIY masks, great for every skin type. An evening spent in with your bestie is the best way to spend a Saturday night.
What’s your favorite way to spend time with your BFF? Share it with us using #lookforlove @BritandCo and @ToneItUp!
(Photos via Tone It Up)