This Stuffed Avocado Recipe Makes the Best Speedy Lunch
Oh avocados, how we love you — with your creamy, green interior that goes with anything spicy, sour or crunchy. This recipe encompasses all of those qualities, but if you want even further avocado inspiration, check out these other creative avocado recipes too. Avocados make such a great lunch. They're healthy, filling and just as versatile as a baked potato (but much more portable!). Stuff them with couscous, cheese or chicken. Serve slices with a big vat of chili, or even add them to your Mexican BLT sandwich.
— 1 lime
— 16 cooked and peeled shrimp
— small bunch cilantro, finely chopped
— 2 scallions, chopped
— ¼ red onion, peeled and finely chopped
— ¼ red bell pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
— 2 ripe avocados
— 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
— 1 packed cup pea shoots (or other salad leaves)
For the dressing:
— 6 Tablespoons mayonnaise
— 1 Tablespoon hot chili sauce (we used sriracha)
— 1 Tablespoon tomato ketchup
— 1 teaspoon lime juice
— ¼ teaspoon salt
— ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Slice the avocados in half and remove the stone. Zest the lime, and squeeze one teaspoon of juice out for the dressing.
2. Make the dressing first by mixing all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
3. Place the shrimp in a bowl and add half of the dressing. Add the cilantro, all but one teaspoon of the scallions, the chopped red onion and all but one teaspoon of the chopped bell pepper. Mix together until the shrimp is coated in the mixture.
4. Divide the shrimp mixture between the four avocado halves. Top each one with two cherry tomato halves, then sprinkle with the remaining scallions, chopped bell pepper and the lime zest.
5. Place the pea shoots on a serving dish. Add the stuffed avocado, and scatter on the rest of the cherry tomatoes. Serve with the remaining dressing.
Pass the fork please…
This article has been updated from a previous post published in 2016.
Want more delicious avocado recipes? Visit Brit + Co's Food page.
- This Stuffed Avocado Recipe Makes the Best Speedy Lunch - Brit + Co ›
- This New Avocado Trend Is About to Take Your Toast to the Next Level ›
- Get in the Halloween Spirit With Our Avocado Breakfast Recipe - Brit ... ›
- Brighten Your Skin With This DIY Honey Avocado Face Mask - Brit + ... ›
- Make Pinterest's Most Popular Whole30 Chicken and Avocado ... ›
- 13 Ways You Never Thought to Eat an Avocado - Brit + Co ›