From the runway to the red carpet, it seems like everywhere we turn, we’re spotting slicked back ‘dos. Whether it’s a result of last season’s ode to wet (often draped across the forehead) hair on the runway, or a much needed diversion from the current cult-like obsession with the lob, celebs are embracing the trend in full force. See how these nine celebs rocked this super sleek style.
1. Alexa Chung: For Alexa, slicked back doesn’t mean ditching her signature waves. A sleek boyish side part gives way to lightly coiffed curls that keep with her flirty, feminine style. (Photo via Ian Gavan/Getty)
2. Rihanna: The 57th Grammy Awards was like a showcase for Rihanna’s always-on-point style. While her over-the-top Giambattista Valli dress was the talk of the night, we love her second, more toned-down look too. Her slicked back hairstyle and oversized suit riffed on a classic Wall Street-esque image. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
3. Taylor Swift: Taylor went sleek and sultry for the Elle Style Awards, ditching her go-to flirty, feminine look for a gutsy side part and tucked back ‘do. (Photo via Ian Gavan/Getty)
4. Kim Kardashian: Besides debuting a show-stopping new look at Balmain’s fall/winter 2015 runway show — the platinum blonde locks, if you were unsure — Kim opted for a slicked back style for a high-fashion look. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
5. Marion Cotillard: This Dior muse is known for her dreamy gowns and flawless French style, but for the Critic’s Choice Awards, the actress traded out her usual romantic updo for a chic, wet-look style. (Photo via Michael Buckner/Getty)
6. Joan Smalls: The Balmain army headed down the runway sporting this of-the-moment ‘do, the ideal style to show off those larger-than-life earrings. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
7. Felicity Jones: Leaving a little bit of volume and wave to her coiffure kept the Theory of Everything Actress looking elegant and sophisticated. (Photo via Mark Davis/Getty)
8. Ciara: The stylish singer went straight up slick for the 57th Grammy Awards, balancing out that winning voluminous gown. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
9. Jennifer Lopez: JLo is no stranger to slicked back styles. But instead of her signature ponytail, the star let her hair down for the American Music Awards, opting for an equally polished ‘do. (Photo via Jason Merritt)
So what do you think of this hot new hair trend? Will you be taking this style for a test drive? Tell us in the comments!