How to Decorate Your Home like Taylor Swift’s Tribeca Penthouse
Taylor Swift is one of New York City’s newest residents, and we’re swooning over the real estate pics of her Tribeca penthouse and stalking her dinner parties on Instagram. With seven bedrooms and five bathrooms, this sprawling apartment is just begging to be filled with house guests. After only a few months of living there, she has already hosted some of the most star-studded get-togethers we’ve ever seen. (We’re just waiting for our invite to arrive.) Check out her bachelorette pad and get ready for some major decor envy, but don’t worry — we’ve rounded up a few buys and DIYs to achieve Tay Tay status in your very own home.
1. The Kitchen: As someone who loves baking and hosting fabulous dinner parties for her BFFs, a big kitchen was a must-have for Swift. Boasting an exposed beam ceiling, marble island and glass-front cabinetry, the mood is light and bright.
Even if you don’t want to shell out for marble countertops, you can get still that luxurious look with an IKEA table and a faux marble DIY. We see a Creuset on Taylor’s stove, so pick your favorite color and invest in one of these beauties. We can’t quite tell what recipe Taylor has framed there, but we love the idea of more art in the kitchen. Check out our free printable vegetable roasting guide for a piece of art that is as pretty as it is useful.
2. Living Area: Channeling her country roots, the living area rocks wooden floors and more exposed beams for a warm and rustic vibe. But Swift has definitely left her mark on her new home with a brightly lit 1989 marquee sign and a lone guitar case chilling in the background, just waiting for her to knock out the next hit single.
Love those big, Victorian-inspired pendant lights? Find one of your own at Restoration Hardware ($995) but then add some personal flair with a DIY marquee light like this one we made for our office. We also love the nature-inspired art Taylor has on her walls, and this colorful print from Urban Outfitters ($29) would brighten up any space.
3. Great Room: “Great” seems like an understatement for this vast room, but each seating area has an intimate vibe. We get the feeling that Swift really loves the color red, from her perfect crimson lip, her album title and now the walls of her home.
If you’re struggling to make an open floor plan feel cozy, try creating mini spaces with rugs. Urban Outfitters’ tribal rug ($189) adds just the right amount of texture and color, and a Marsala couch from One King’s Lane ($2199) brings in some of the retro feel that we love in Tay’s living room. Try incorporating some reflective textures like gold or clear table lamps from West Elm ($69).
4. The Bar: Oriental rugs cover the wood floors for a warm feel, and the vintage-style bar stools feel a little bit Western. Also, we can’t get over how cute Taylor’s cats are. This one is Meredith Grey.
5. Bedroom Selfie: Jaime King takes a mirror selfie during Tay’s 25th birthday bash, and we’re grateful for the sneak peak into a bedroom with an exposed brick wall and a vintage-inspired wrought iron bed.
6. The Guests: Just a few months after moving into her gorgeous new digs, Swift threw a 25th birthday/house warming party with a guest list that would rival the Grammys. Jay-Z, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Sam Smith and the Haim sisters were just a few of her music industry pals in attendance. Jay-Z and Beyonce also live in Taylor’s Tribeca neighborhood — or “Taybeca,” as some hardcore fans have started calling it.
What do you think of Taylor Swift’s palatial party pad? Talk to us in the comments below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.