How to Decorate Your Home like Taylor Swift’s Tribeca Penthouse
Taylor Swift is one of New York City’s newest residents, and we’re swooning over the real estate pics of her Tribeca penthouse and stalking her dinner parties on Instagram. With seven bedrooms and five bathrooms, this sprawling apartment is just begging to be filled with house guests. After only a few months of living there, she has already hosted some of the most star-studded get-togethers we’ve ever seen. (We’re just waiting for our invite to arrive.) Check out her bachelorette pad and get ready for some major decor envy, but don’t worry — we’ve rounded up a few buys and DIYs to achieve Tay Tay status in your very own home.
1. The Kitchen: As someone who loves baking and hosting fabulous dinner parties for her BFFs, a big kitchen was a must-have for Swift. Boasting an exposed beam ceiling, marble island and glass-front cabinetry, the mood is light and bright.
Even if you don’t want to shell out for marble countertops, you can get still that luxurious look with an IKEA table and a faux marble DIY. We see a Creuset on Taylor’s stove, so pick your favorite color and invest in one of these beauties. We can’t quite tell what recipe Taylor has framed there, but we love the idea of more art in the kitchen. Check out our free printable vegetable roasting guide for a piece of art that is as pretty as it is useful.
2. Living Area: Channeling her country roots, the living area rocks wooden floors and more exposed beams for a warm and rustic vibe. But Swift has definitely left her mark on her new home with a brightly lit 1989 marquee sign and a lone guitar case chilling in the background, just waiting for her to knock out the next hit single.
Love those big, Victorian-inspired pendant lights? Find one of your own at Restoration Hardware ($995) but then add some personal flair with a DIY marquee light like this one we made for our office. We also love the nature-inspired art Taylor has on her walls, and this colorful print from Urban Outfitters ($29) would brighten up any space.
3. Great Room: “Great” seems like an understatement for this vast room, but each seating area has an intimate vibe. We get the feeling that Swift really loves the color red, from her perfect crimson lip, her album title and now the walls of her home.
If you’re struggling to make an open floor plan feel cozy, try creating mini spaces with rugs. Urban Outfitters’ tribal rug ($189) adds just the right amount of texture and color, and a Marsala couch from One King’s Lane ($2199) brings in some of the retro feel that we love in Tay’s living room. Try incorporating some reflective textures like gold or clear table lamps from West Elm ($69).
4. The Bar: Oriental rugs cover the wood floors for a warm feel, and the vintage-style bar stools feel a little bit Western. Also, we can’t get over how cute Taylor’s cats are. This one is Meredith Grey.
5. Bedroom Selfie: Jaime King takes a mirror selfie during Tay’s 25th birthday bash, and we’re grateful for the sneak peak into a bedroom with an exposed brick wall and a vintage-inspired wrought iron bed.
6. The Guests: Just a few months after moving into her gorgeous new digs, Swift threw a 25th birthday/house warming party with a guest list that would rival the Grammys. Jay-Z, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Sam Smith and the Haim sisters were just a few of her music industry pals in attendance. Jay-Z and Beyonce also live in Taylor’s Tribeca neighborhood — or “Taybeca,” as some hardcore fans have started calling it.
What do you think of Taylor Swift’s palatial party pad? Talk to us in the comments below!