12 Innovative Products All Pet Owners Need
Raising a pet can be so rewarding, full of toys, kisses, and cuddles. But it can also be difficult. Whether you’re a dog person or a cat person, there are lots of moments that can make pet-owning feel like a chore. Beyond walks and feeding time, pets also need quite a bit of attention and care in all aspects of their lives, whether it be grooming, hygiene, or even playtime. But since we love our pets, we’re willing to take on the extra responsibility — that doesn’t mean we don’t want to make it a little easier. Check out these innovative pet products that do just that.
1. Delomo Pet Grooming Glove ($14): Turn grooming time into cuddle time with these handy gloves.
2. PetSafe Electronic SmartDoor ($150): Having a pet door can be a convenient way to let well-trained pets roam as they please. This smarter door uses a sensor to lock and unlock as your pet comes close to it, so you know the only thing coming through that door is your beloved, furry companion.
3. Aquapaw Pet Bathing Tool ($25): Is your dog not a fan of the faucet? You can ease them into their bath with this nifty hose, so all they see is your gentle hand coming to pet them, not some scary shower head.
4. Furbo Dog Camera ($249): As much as we hate to leave our pets alone all day, we have to do what we have to do to keep them rolling in Milkbones. This useful pet camera lets you check in on your pets throughout the day, and even lets you give them a special treat for being good.
5. PetSafe Drinkwell Multi-Tier Dog and Cat Water Fountain ($30): Got multiple pets? Keep them well hydrated with this two-tier fountain that’s big enough for multiple furry friends. (It also serves as an elevated drinking bowl for big dogs.)
6. BrilliantPad Self-Cleaning Automatic Potty Pad Machine ($170): Potty training your puppy is so much easier when this self-cleaning pad lets your pup “do their business” without you having to do a ton of cleanup afterward.
7. Earth Rated Leash Dispenser for Dog Waste Bags ($5): Every dog owner absolutely needs to keep waste bags with them for walks. (You know, unless you’re fine with being enemy number one in the neighborhood.) This simple dispenser clips onto your dog’s leash, so you never forget.
8. CatGenie Self-Flushing Cat Box ($240): Even if you’re the biggest cat fan in the world, that doesn’t mean you’re *thrilled* to clean out the litter box. But with this “self-flushing” design, your kitty can stay fresh without you lifting a finger.
9. Paw Plunger ($25): As much as your dog loves to play in the mud, you’d rather not have them bring it into the house. This handy plunger lets you quickly clean those footpads without much fuss.
10. Hertzko Hands-Free Running Dog Leash ($19): Some runners love to have their canine companions keeping pace with them. Use this hands-free version to secure your dog by your side. (It’s also great for people who take their pups on errands.)
11. Petstages Tower of Tracks Cat Toy ($28): Not all cats like to lay around all day. Stimulate the hunter inside your kitty with this tower cat toy. Little balls secured on the inside of the tracks give your cat hours of fun chase time.
12. Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel Puzzle Plush ($8+): Playtime with your pup isn’t just about throwing tennis balls or tug-of-war. Keep your dog’s mind sharp with this fun puzzle game that’s made especially to stimulate a dog’s natural instincts.
Have an innovative pet product you want to share? Tell us on Twitter @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.