20 Scrumptious Snickerdoodle Recipes
It’s hard not to smile when you hear the word snickerdoodle. While the silly name is partially to blame, their sweet cinnamon-sugar side might have a little something to do with it as well. This collection of 20 recipes kicks things off with a classic, chewy cinnamon sugar cookie, then branches out to include everything from updated flavors (chocolate, cardamom and ooey gooey caramel, to name a few) to reimagined applications (cupcakes, milkshakes and more) of a perpetual favorite. Now, sit back, relax and feast your eyes on these oh-so-sweet ‘doodles.
3. Boozy Snickerdoodle Shake: Homemade cinnamon ice cream and toffee bits are blended together with a splash of bourbon to create this adult shake. Ready to take it to the next level? Add whipped cream and a cookie on top. (via Honestly Yum)
4. Caramel Snickerdoodle Bars: Prepare yourself for the delicious taste of sugar, spice and everything nice — that’s what the topping on these little caramel and white chocolate blondies is made of. (via Taste and Tell Blog)
6. Chewy Snickerdoodle Granola Bars: Enjoy this healthy, no-bake granola bar on the go, and feel good doing it. While there may be less guilt involved when indulging in this treat, your tastebuds surely won’t know the difference. (via Shari Blogs)
8. The Perfect Paleo Snickerdoodles: Almond flour and a few other paleo swaps mean you can indulge in a favorite childhood cookie and satisfy your inner cave(wo)man at the same time. (via Cook it up Paleo)
11. Snickerdoodles With Vanilla Banana Ice Cream (Gluten-Free, Vegan): Whether you set a scoop of ice cream between two cookies or enjoy them solo, you cannot go wrong. Their light texture is impeccable, which makes it that much harder to believe they’re packed with whole grains. (via Our Four Forks)
12. Snickerdoodle Peanut Butter Chocolate Chex Mix Bars: These Chex mix bites are terrific and totally easy to make regardless of whether you mold them into bars or mini-cupcake shapes. (via Half Baked Harvest)
14. Super Easy Snickerdoodle Waffles: Simply sprinkle a little sugar and cinnamon atop a scoop of batter before baking and viola, you’ve got yourself a delish snickerdoodle waffle. (via Hungry Healthy Girl)
15. Snickerdoodle Cookie Butter (Gluten-Free): Branch out from the usual Biscoff cookie butter, and make this fantastic snickerdoodle-inspired spread instead. Pssst, you won’t believe the secret ingredient. It’s chickpeas! (via Blender Babes)
17. Snickerdoodle Hush Puppies: Fried cornbread bites are just about impossible to resist as-is. So, it’s pretty much game over once they’re tossed in a mix of cinnamon and sugar. (via What’s For Dinner)
19. Snickerdoodle Macarons: Classic vanilla macaron shells sandwich a cinnamon-sugar buttercream that’s out of this world. An extra sprinkle of cinnamon applied to the finished product provides a gorgeous flavor boost for these bite-sized desserts. (via Eats Well With Others)
20. Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles: A spoonful of cayenne adds a burst of spice to these ‘doodles. Inspired by the flavors of a warm cup of Mexican hot chocolate, this sweet treat is best enjoyed with a hot beverage. (via The Veggielogues)
Where do snickerdoodles rank in your cookie hierarchy? Let us know below!