25 Cookie Butter Recipes to Make ASAP
In the world of peanut butter alternatives, a spread known by many names — cookie butter, Biscoff, Speculoos — is threatening to overtake Nutella as the favorite. With its brown sugar and caramel notes, the captivating made-from-cookies treat is just as scrumptious enjoyed by the spoonful as it is stirred into any number of goodies. This collection of 25 hand-picked recipes focuses on the latter half of the equation. Just be forewarned, there are so many pin-worthy goodies here to pine over, we encourage you to stock up on a few jars of the good stuff, stat.
1. No-Bake Biscoff Pie: It’s just about impossible to resist a fluffy Biscoff, cream cheese, whipped cream and confectioner’s sugar filling packed into a chocolate wafer crust. We love that it comes together quickly, no baking required. (via Bakingdom)
8. Chocolate Biscoff Macarons: Chocolate macaron shells sandwich a creamy filling of Biscoff buttercream. Not enough cookie butter action for you? Go ahead and use it straight from the jar in its pure, unadulterated form. (via The Novice Chef)
9. Caramel and White Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Blondies: Earn some brownie points with your buds by adding cookie butter (and caramel and white chocolate) to your next batch of blondies. (via Shared Appetite)
11. Biscoff Gooey Butter Bars: Butter bars alone are super easy to make and even more delicious to eat, but a layer of Biscoff cookies followed by a swirl of spread makes them one next-level snack. (via Brit + Co)
15. Biscoff Oatmeal Cookie Pies With Whipped Coconut Filling: Part whoopie pie and part ice cream sandwich, these cookie sandos are a real unique treat. (via Wallflour Girl)
16. No-Churn Cookie Butter Ice Cream: This rich, caramel-colored ice cream manages to come out super creamy all without an ice cream churn. Who else is drooling over the idea of a double scoop? (via Keep It Sweet Desserts)
17. Biscoff-Stuffed Snickerdoodles: Don’t be fooled by these unassuming-looking snickerdoodles. They may appear to be nothing out of the ordinary at first glance, but break one open to reveal a nice layer of cookie butter tucked inside. (via Andre’s, the Home Baker)
19. Biscoff Spread Filled Corn Dogs: Don’t worry, no hot dogs are involved here whatsoever — simply heaps of genius-yet-approachable technique to create a dessert-worthy corn dog. (via Foodness Gracious)
25. Biscoff Mug Cake: There’s just something extra sweet about single-serve desserts. Perhaps it’s the twee factor, or maybe, deep down, we just don’t want to share. This mug cake fits the bill perfectly. (via Country Cleaver)
What’s your favorite way to enjoy Biscoff spread, besides licking it off a spoon? Let’s talk about all the sweet possibilities for Speculoos below!
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.