21 Gorgeous Baby Shower Cake Ideas for Spring
With spring in full bloom and pregnancy announcement after pregnancy announcement popping up in your feed, there’s no doubt you’ve got a few baby showers to attend in the coming months. If you’re the lucky friend who’s offered to throw one for your BFF, you know that you need to pull out *all* the stops — and that includes anything and everything on the dessert table. First step: whipping up a colorful + adorable baby shower cake to go with the theme and color scheme you or the mommy-to-be already picked out. The gorgeous recipes below will work for any shower, whether you’re looking for creamy ombre pastels or decadent gilded designs. Scroll on for some cake-spiration that your BFF will love looking at as much as biting into.
1. Watercolor Buttercream Cake: No matter what the baby turns out to be, there’s no denying how stunning this pink and gold watercolor cake is. Stick to a vanilla bean frosting to make the colors really pop against the white base. Top it off with a few vanilla bean buttercream poofs, and you’ve got the prettiest baby shower cake on the block. (via Sweetapolita)
2. Vanilla Cake With Ombre Macarons: Macarons + cake sounds almost too good to be true. Yet, it’s definitely a thing — which means, it’ll definitely be at your BFF’s baby shower. Add a little decorative flair to your macarons with some sprinkles, and you’ve got one sweet-looking cake. (via Herznah)
3. Gilded Watercolor Cake: This gorgeous rainbow of watercolors and edible gold foil looks like it came straight out of a bohemian babe’s daydreams. If you want to blow your BFF away, opt for this cake that looks more like a piece of art than food. (via Brit + Co)
4. Spring Pastel Confetti Cake: This color explosion of a cake is one your BFF will appreciate if she isn’t afraid to go bold with her colors. If you thought it was colorful on the outside, just wait until your friends cut a slice for an even brighter rainbow surprise! (via Brit + Co)
5. Tribal Geometric Cake: This stunning blend of two trends (tribal print + geometric) looks like a baby of the Pinterest variety. Find out what trends your friend is loving atm, and surprise her with a cake that combines her faves together. Hint: Scope out her Pinterest! (via B.Loved)
6. Spring Layer Cake With Pink Buttercream Flowers: There’s nothing sweeter than buttercream, unless it’s a a bouquet of buttercream flowers. Dress up an all white cake with a bright and colorful display of floral frosting for a simple but chic cake. (via I Am Baker)
7. Orange Sherbet Cake: The ombre design of this cake looks almost too perfect for words. Luckily, it’s an easy project so long as you have food coloring and icing. Just play around with the food coloring to get the exact shade of icing you’d like, tidy up and garnish with a tasty fruit up top for the finished look. (via Design Love Fest)
8. Cherry-Vanilla Layer Cake: Chances are your friend won’t know what the baby is yet. Opt for a cake that rocks both “girly” and “boyish” decorations (think: a pink and blue combo) while still looking fab. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
9. Somewhere Over the Rainbow: Rainbows aren’t just pretty to look at. Mark the beginning of your friend’s latest adventure with the symbol of new beginnings on a rainbow-inspired cake your friend is sure to appreciate. (via Handmade Charlotte)
11. Strawberry Limeade Cake: Kick the taste game up a notch with this unexpected strawberry limeade cake that packs quite the flavor punch. The complementary combo of pink and green is easy on the eyes *and* will look adorable at a tropical-themed shower. (via Food Fanatic)
12. Spring Lemon Cake: Add a little bit of confetti without committing to the full-on color explosion on the inside with this more subtle number. With a handful of pastel sprinkles and candy eggs later, you’ve got a spring-ready cake for your baby shower. (via Brit + Co)
13. Mint and Pink Cake: For a super fun cake, go for three different layer designs. Your BFF and her friends will love getting to decide which layer is their favorite in terms of flavor and design. (via 100 Layer Cake-let)
14. Blueberry Lavender Cake: This ombre blend of pinks and blues are perfect for the gender neutral baby shower. Get the frosting technique down pat and you’ll have a pretty, chic and simple dessert all rolled into one. (via Style Sweet CA)
15. Elegant Floral Cake: A ruffled cake will add a touch of elegance to your friend’s baby shower. Go for pink, blue or a combo or colors. Either way, its fancy design will elevate the shower’s dessert spread without overdoing it. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
16. Polka Dot Icing Cake With Strawberry and Rhubarb: If you’ve got the time, go for polka dot icing. It’ll win the contest against polka dot sprinkles, even though it may take some extra effort. (via Raspberri Cupcakes)
17. Polka Dot Inside-And-Out Cake: Create this cake decked out in polka dots by adding cake balls mixed with your choice of food coloring to the mix. Then, add circle-shaped non-pareil rainbow sprinkles on the surface when the cake is all done. (via Handmade Charlotte)
18. Cake With Edible Flowers: Florals for spring? Groundbreaking. In this case, it totally is. Celebrate your baby shower with this dreamy garden of a cake made up of edible flowers. Some edible flowers you can add to yours include rose petals, carnations, pansies, camomile and calendula. (via Design Love Fest)
19. Floral and Honey Cake: Here’s another way to arrange edible flowers on your cake. Create a crescent of florals to elevate any ordinary cake. It’s sure to catch everyone’s eye at the shower. (via The School of Styling)
20. Kites and Bunting Cake: Bunting looks good on pretty much everything — including cakes. All you’ll need to *tie* this look together is some ribbon, patterned card stock paper and some string (if you’re planning on adding some kites for a cake topper). (via Bump Smitten)
21. Hip Hip Hooray Cake: Sometimes, simple is the most elegant of approaches. This beautiful “naked” cake proves just that. Keep your cake fluff-free and garnish with fresh flowers for a minimalist-chic look. (via Evite)
How gorgeous are these cakes? Follow us on Pinterest for even more baby shower ideas.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!