14 New Boutonniere Ideas for Your Spring Wedding
While boutonnieres may not be thought of as the most exciting element of your wedding planning, they don’t have to be boring or traditional. Thanks to the wonderful world of Pinterest and the multitude of wedding blogs, we’ve found some pretty flowery boutonnieres that bring fun to floral arranging. And some of these you can even DIY yourself! Whether it’s a spring or a summer wedding you’re planning, these colorful and beautiful boutonnieres are sure to brighten up your big day.
2. Go Local: Local (and eco-friendly) plants like succulents add texture and look oh-so cute at any wedding. They’re perfect for an outdoor celebration and can even be saved and replanted afterwards. (via Love ‘n’ Fresh Flowers)
3. Statement Flower: A large flower keeps the look chic and elegant. Just choose the statement flower of your choice and surround it with florets and greens. It’s as simple as that! (via Rebecca Amber Photography)
5. Decorate With Fragrant Herbs: Simple colors from fresh rosemary sprigs make a stunning homemade arrangement that smells wonderful. Complement it with lavender blossoms for a pop of purple and you’re all set. (via Once Wed)
6. Touch of Baby’s Breath: Baby’s breath is a classic wedding flower that exudes a clean, soft vibe. While you can use fresh or dried baby’s breath to make a simple boutonniere, fresh is ideal for a spring wedding. Bonus: It’s also super affordable. (via Intimate Weddings)
8. Put a Feather on It: Looking for a boho-floral vibe? Adding a colorful feather to the bouquet will help you get there. You can keep the hues cool or mix it up with a bright feather to complement your color scheme. (via The Sunflower Stand)
10. Loosen Up Your Buttons: Looking for a more muted spring or summer palette? Use dried flowers and herbs instead. Pair ’em with antique wooden buttons to add country flair and charm to your big day. (via The Sunflower Stand)
13. Budget-Friendly Flowers: Channel your inner field-frolicking child by adding some mini daisies to the mix. Not only will they keep your budget in check, they’ll also look great with other yellows and oranges. Bonus points if you craft yourself an old-school daisy flower crown to match. (via J.Woodbery Photography)
What boutonniere styles suit your wedding? Let us know in the comments!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.