This Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe Just So Happens to Be Whole30-Compliant
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow or white onion
- 8 cups peeled, diced potato (about 3 large russet potatoes)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 6 cloves garlic
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- garnishes: chopped green onion, diced tomato, paleo bacon, chipotle-lime cashew cream
Heat olive oil on sauté mode of Instant Pot for about 5 minutes. Once oil is glistening hot, add the onions and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the potatoes, cashews, garlic, chicken stock and nutritional yeast; stir to combine.
Cover and switch Instant Pot to soup/stew mode, making sure vent is closed. Once cycle is complete, either let pressure release naturally or switch the vent open to release it quickly.
Using an immersion blender (or regular blender), carefully purée the hot soup until completely smooth. Be careful not to over-blend or soup will become gummy. Add the salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- 17 Ways to Give Your Weeknight Potato Recipes a Makeover - Brit + ... ›
- 15 Whole30 Soup Recipes to Keep You on Track Through Winter ... ›
- 12 Reasons to Fall in Love With Potato Soup - Brit + Co ›
- 12 Chilled Soup Recipes for Spring - Brit + Co ›