Chevron Braid Tutorial
You know we’re obsessing over all things chevron these days, and hair is no exception. But it’s time to start talking and get braiding. Presenting, the Chevneon – a neon twist on the classic fishtail.
– 6 strands of ribbon (for ex: cut up fabric, old t-shirts, cloth napkins etc)
– 4 bobby pins
– 2 elastic bands
1. Prepare your strips of color. If you’re using ribbon, cut two of each color. If you’re using fabric, cut them to about 1/2 an inch wide and cut two of each color.
2. Pull hair into a side pony and pin away on strand of hair (to braid and wrap later).
3. Take the first two strands of fabric, tie them together and tuck into the elastic underneath your pony.
4. Split hair into 2 sections, leaving the fabric out for now and take a thin piece of hair from the outside of the right section and cross over into the left section. Do the same thing on the left and place it into the right section (fishtail braid). Do this 4 times.
5. Take one strand of the ribbon from the outside of the right section and cross it over to the left section, just like you did with the hair. Do this on the left side as well.
6. Pick up the second set of colored strands and tie them to the first set that should now be in the center of your 2 sections of hair.
7. Let that new fabric hang under the pony while you fishtail hair only for another 4 strands.
8. Repeat step 5 with your new fabric and then repeat step 6 with your final 2 strands.
9. Finish off the fishtail braid with the remaining hair and secure with another elastic.
10. Cut off the remaining strands of fabric and voila!
Bonus points if you have a sweet chevron rug to model your chevron braid on. ;)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)