St. Patrick’s Day is a day when it’s perfectly acceptable to eat, drink and be merry *all* day long. This also makes it great inspiration for some awesome bridal shower ideas. If your favorite betrothed BFF and their S.O. like a party, there’s no reason not to combine it with that wedding shower you’re planning. Break out the green and alert the leprechauns — err, wedding party. Once you put your creativity skills to the test and DIY everything from a photo booth backdrop to oodles of shamrock desserts, your guests will be more than ready to say, “Cheers,” to being lucky in love.
1. Printable Treat Bags: A party isn’t complete without treat bags to send home with your guests. Use this printable to create St. Patty’s Day pouches and tags for your besties. Once you’ve printed them off, fill ’em up with chocolate coins or your favorite green sweets. (via Oh Happy Day)
3. Rainbow Donuts: Not only are these rainbow donuts wow-worthy, they’re also *so* delicious. Pick up a box of your favorite donuts, cut them in half and add sprinkles to create a rainbow effect. Top it off with coconut shavings to act as the clouds, and they’ll be ready to brighten up your dessert table. (via Brit + Co)
4. Lucky in Love St. Patrick’s Day Bridal Shower Invitation ($16+): Go a little old school with some snail mail instead of an e-vite. This “Lucky in Love” invitation is way cute and is sure to get your friends excited for the shower.
5. DIY Glitter Shamrock Pins: Bridal showers are a great place to play cute and classic games like the clothespin game. DIY a few glitter shamrock pins for a leprechaun-approved prop, and get ready for the compliments to roll in. The object of this activity is to *not* say words like “bride,” “groom” or “wedding.” If you say one of the words, other guests can steal your pin. (via Marisa Makes)
6. Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats: All parties need a dessert table. Complete yours by adding Lucky Charms marshmallows to your batch of Rice Krispie Treats for a simple-yet-perfect St. Patty’s Day dessert. (via Mandy’s Recipe Box)
7. Key Lime Cake Pops: Cake pops are definitely having their moment, because they’re such an easy way to make your dessert bar *that* much more festive. Bake up a batch using your favorite recipe and roll them in frosting, then green and gold sprinkles. If you’re looking to go the extra mile, add green tags to label the flavors, the wedding date and the couples’ names. (via The House That Lars Built)
8. DIY Shamrock Cake Topper: Running low on time? No problem. Make a simple cake and frost it in white icing. Use a four leaf clover paper puncher and cardstock of different shades of green to make a few dozen clovers, then attach the clovers to toothpicks to create a green field on top of your cake. It’ll totally wow your guests. (via Studio DIY)
9. DIY Mini Shamrock Piñata: Is it even a party without a piñata? Use this tutorial to create mini shamrocks out of cardboard. Top off each place setting with a piñata to use them as favors, or DIY a jumbo one if you’re on the hunt for a statement-maker. (via The Centsible Life)
10. DIY Garland Photo Booth Backdrop: Photo booths bring a festive vibe to any party. Make this layered option for your St. Patrick’s Day bridal shower, and hang it on a blank wall. Make sure to snag that wedding or bridal shower #hashtag, because your guests will love the Insta-worthy backdrop. (via The House That Lars Built)
11. Photo Booth Props: If you’re featuring a photo booth, then props are totally necessary. DL these printables to bring the St.-Patty’s-Day-meets-bridal-shower theme to life. Once you’ve printed them off, the sunnies and hats will take it to a whole new level. (via Evite)
12. Shamrock Drink: Looking for a non-alcoholic drink option? Combine pineapple juice, sparkling lemonade and sparkling white grape juice to make this green drink. Once you’ve got it all mixed up, use a cookie cutter to slice green apple slices into a shamrock shape to pop on the side of the glass. (via Creative Juice)
13. DIY Glitter Horseshoe Garland: This DIY garland is super easy to make and totally budget-friendly. Swipe some green paint or glitter onto wooden horseshoes, and string them onto a strand of bakers twine. Finish it off with a few strips of ribbon to add dimension, and it’ll be ready to hang above your dessert table or bar. (via Live.Craft.Love.)
14. Easy St. Patty’s Day Cookies: Green cookies are a must-have, especially for those hungry bridal shower guests. Use this recipe to make delicious cake cookies. Once you’ve baked them and they’re cool, fill with cream cheese frosting for an extra punch of flavor. (via Paper Crush)
15. Lucky Number Game: Games are a classic addition to any shower. In this activity, guests try their luck at pulling the lucky number from the bag — if you win, you get a prize. It’s straight-forward enough to keep the party interactive and entertaining, even after a few cocktails. (via Celebrations at Home)
16. Kiss Me Straws: Paper straws are almost as necessary as the paper invitations. Kick yours up a notch by adding flags like these for the guests of honor. Whether you use a printable or make your own, they add a unique touch that will make you the hostess with the mostess. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
17. DIY To-Go Boxes: Leftovers are pretty much inevitable at any get-together. Make these DIY to-go boxes so you can send your guests home with all of their favorite sweet treats from the party. It’ll clear up space in your fridge and make your besties happy — a win-win! (via A Pumpkin + A Princess)
18. Rainbow Dessert Table: In need of some dessert table inspo? This one is #goals. Between the rainbow background and the green-colored-everything, it’s safe to say that having a holiday-themed shower might take a little extra work. But don’t worry — the payoff is so deliciously worth it. (via Bird’s Party)
Are you throwing a themed bridal shower? Follow us on Pinterest for more inspiration.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.