Rainbows have quickly become the new black and just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, where rainbows are a staple and you’ll be sure to find gold at the end! Rainbow food has been popping up everywhere but what about turning your food into an actual rainbow, clouds and all? You’re definitely lucky (wink) for finding this how-to because we’re showing you how to gear up for St. Patty’s Day this year with a little colorful magic and these rainbow donuts.
– sprinkles in rainbow colors
– donut icing
– shredded coconut
1. Cut your donuts in half.
2. Dip the halves into the icing.
3. Starting with your pink sprinkles, line the outside edge of the donut.
4. Continue to add sprinkles for each different color of the rainbow until the whole donut is covered.
5. Add a little more icing to the top of the donut ends and place a ball of shredded coconut on top for the clouds.
Try to choose donuts that have a very round shape so the rainbows turn out with more of an arch.
Be careful not to leave your donuts sitting for too long after you’ve iced them. You’ll need the icing to still be wet when you add the sprinkles.
Don’t make your rows of sprinkles too thick or else you won’t be able to fit in all of the colors.
Somewhere over the rainbow… there are donuts!
We don’t know about you, but we’re all set for St. Patty’s Day now.
Is pink actually a color of the rainbow? What are your thoughts? Share with us on Instagram by using the hashtag #britstagram!