11 St. Patrick’s Day Recipes That Will Bring You Lots of Luck
It's never too early to start planning what you're going to eat and drink on St. Patrick's Day, because the Irish holiday has a surprising amount of food to look forward to. If you thought Irish food was all potatoes, think again. Of course there are potatoes — some of the creamiest, most buttery, Irish-style mashed potatoes you've ever eaten — but there's also chocolate Guinness brownies, soda bread, shepherd's pie, and lots and lots of Lucky Charms (for us Americans, ha!). Here are 11 St. Patrick's Day recipes that will bring you tons of luck. Pair with beer and whiskey for best results.
Irish Boxty Breakfast: This hearty breakfast is like a cross between pancakes and hash browns — AKA the greatest thing ever.
Lucky Charm's Bars: Made with white chocolate chips, condensed milk, shredded coconut, and sprinkles, these are way more decadent than any old Rice Krispie Treats.
5-Ingredient Irish Colcannon: Colcannon is basically mashed potatoes but with kale. It's just as good and buttery as regular mashed potatoes, only slightly healthier.
DIY Lucky Charms Cake: This cake is covered and stuffed with Lucky Charms, and it really doesn't get much luckier (or sweeter) than this.
Cheesy Shepherd's Pie: Even though this shepherd's pie is totally vegan, it's filling thanks to ingredients like lentils and mushrooms.
Lucky Charm Ice Cream Sandwiches: Homemade ice cream sandwiches are much better and *way* more festive when they're rolled in Lucky Charms.
Guinness Brownies: Adding Guinness to brownies makes them extra rich and chocolatey. Naturally, you have to pair these with a pint.
Lucky Russians: Bet you can't believe you didn't think of adding Lucky Charms to White Russians sooner; the combination just seems so natural!
Dutch Oven Soda Bread: Unlike a lot of bread recipes, this soda bread is super easy to make. It only needs three real ingredients (baking soda, buttermilk, and flour) and then 45 minutes in the oven!
Boozy Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake: Mint chocolate chip ice cream blended with Bailey's will freshen your breath and get you a little tipsy too.
Picklebacks: This recipe comes with instructions for two different kinds of picklebacks: a smokey bacon version and a spicy Old Bay-seasoned version. Choose wisely — or better yet, have both!
(Photos via Brit + Co)
- Make a St. Patrick's Day Mashup With This Corned Beef Brisket ... ›
- 17 Unique Corned Beef Recipes for St. Patrick's Day - Brit + Co ›
- A New Relationship Theory: St. Patrick's Day Syndrome - Brit + Co ›
- How to serve kids magical green milk on st. patrick's day - B+C Guides ›
- How to make a beautiful st. patrick's day cake - B+C Guides ›
- 18 St. Patrick's Day Bridal Shower Ideas - Brit + Co ›
- 22 CRAZY St. Patrick's Day Treat Recipes That Will Be Your Lucky ... ›
- Spice Up St. Patrick's Day With Jalapeño-Infused Tequila - Brit + Co ›
- 10 Green Cocktails for St. Patrick's Day - Brit + Co ›
- 22 Bread Recipes for St. Patrick’s Day - Brit + Co ›