St. Patrick’s Day — and all its pot o’ gold, leprechaun and rainbow antics — is coming! That means everyone should be getting their (green) party pants ready. If you’re in charge of throwing the big bash this year, there’s no need to scramble the day before to make the party pretty, perfect and green and gold all over. The 22 festive ideas below will take your party to the next level — whether you’re looking for DIY St. Patty’s Day tees and shamrock desserts or every green DIY in between. Cheers!
1. Bracket Festive Headbands ($12): Party hats and headbands are essential when you’re trying to make your bash festive AF. Pick up this set of five so you can give them to your guests as they walk through your front door.
2. Irish Buck Cocktail: It’s not a St. Patty’s Day party without a few cocktails. Combine whiskey, ginger ale and lime juice to mix up this Irish Buck drink. Trust us, your guests will thank you. (via Sugar + Soul)
3. PrettyPennyandCo St. Patrick’s Day Cozies ($4): These cozies will make your beer drinking both stylish and adorable. Skip your go-to stack of freebies, pick these up and hand ’em out to your pals as favors for major hostess points.
4. Rainbow Donuts: Who doesn’t love a good donut? Buy a box of your faves on your next trip to the store. Then, split them in half and use sprinkles to create the rainbow. They’re sure to brighten up your dessert table. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Beer Bottle Labels: You’re probably going to have a few beer lovers over, which makes these wow-worthy bottle labels perfection. DIY them by wrapping green paper around your favorite bottles of beer, and top them off with some fun sayings. (via Brit + Co)
6. mypaperparade Printable Invitation ($5): Even though St. Patrick’s Day is a pretty relaxed holiday, you should never miss an opportunity to send some snail mail. If you’re running low on time, opt for this printable that’ll definitely make your life easier.
7. Shamrock Sour Cocktail: A little lemon and lime juice, simple syrup and Irish whiskey are all it takes to knock the shamrock socks off your guests. Oh, and some green food coloring, of course. Want to kick ’em up a notch? Stick in a four-leaf clover stirrer for extra cuteness. (via Pizzazzerie)
8. Lucky Charms Bars + DIY Treat Boxes: TBH, sweet treats are one of the best parts about any party. Case in point? These Lucky Charms Bars. Pro tip: Make an extra batch, and DIY these treat boxes to send home as a party favor. (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Shamrock Piñata: Shamrock piñata FTW. Use cardboard and crepe paper to make this shamrock-shaped beauty, and fill it with your favorite green candy. It’ll totally keep your BFFs entertained. (via The Centsible Life)
10. DIY Punny T-Shirts: Trying to find a way to make your look extra festive? DIY one of these punny St. Patty’s Day tees. When your friends ask where you got it, you can say that you made it, and crack a few other “Irish I” puns. (via Brit + Co)
11. CoolGlow LED Shamrock Shades ($5): Add these LED shamrock shades to your look for the best St. Patty’s #OOTD in the house.
12. Acme Party Box Co. Biere Glasses ($52): Beer is St. Patrick’s Day’s biggest fan. Add these Belgian-style glasses to your bar so your friends and fam can hold their favorite brew in style.
13. Rainbow Cupcakes: Calling all cupcake lovers! You can bring a whole lot more sweetness and color to your dessert table with these pot o’ gold cupcakes. Just make your favorite cupcake recipe and pipe on blue frosting. Then, top them off with clouds + a pot of gold, and use AirHead Extremes to
taste DIY the rainbow. (via Skip to My Lou)
14. Printable Photo Booth Props: St. Patrick’s Day photo booths must be gilded, green and festive all over. If you forgot to grab some props at the party store, don’t worry. You can print these off and attach them to wooden skewers to create props in no time. (via In the Playroom)
15. DIY Shamrock Coasters: Not only will these coasters save your coffee table, but they’ll also add another punch of St. Patty’s Day flair to your space. Glue strips of sequins onto shamrock-shaped cardboard, let them dry and they’ll be ready to pop on your table STAT. (via Giggles Galore)
16. DIY Glitter Horseshoe Garland: A green glittery horseshoe garland will bring extra luck to your party. Swipe some glitter and green paint onto wooden horseshoes, and string them onto a piece of baker’s twine. Then hang the finished product above your bar cart for a fun drink station. (via Darice)
17. Baby Guinness Jell-O Shots: Make a batch of these baby Guinness Jell-O Shots using — you guessed it — Guinness, plus a few other ingredients like Creme de Cacao and Patron Cafe. Everyone will be V happy you took the extra time to whip them up. (via Slim Pickin’s Kitchen)
18. FoodwithFashion Green Striped Paper Straws ($3): A pretty pack of paper straws will seriously amplify your hostess skills. You can add these green striped ones to your bar cart, along with a few gold bar tools and some festive green drinks.
19. Urban Outfitters 1000 Drinking Games ($14): Throwing a St. Patty’s Day bash is sure to consist of a drink or two (or three or four). Have a little extra fun, and snag this collection of games so you and your pals can get to leprechaun status real quick.
20. DIY Party Favor + Printable: Handing out party favors at the end of any get-together instantly makes you the hostess with the mostess. This one is budget-friendly, adorable *and* includes candy. (via One Charming Party)
21. Rainbow Shots: Impress your guests with your bartending skills, and craft up these rainbow shots. The trick to making this work is by separating each layer of liquid with ice. Once you’ve poured all of the ingredients into the shaker, separate it into five shot glasses. After shot time, your friends will ask you to tend bar for all of their spring parties. (via Brit + Co)
22. DIY Confetti: Instead of buying a pre-made option, make it rain DIY confetti this St. Patrick’s Day. All you’ll need to do is snip the ends of the fringe curtain you’re using for your photo booth, and get ready for some epic glitter toss action shots. (via Studio DIY)
Are you having a St. Patty’s Day get-together? Head over to our Pinterest for more party inpso.