Say It With These Stenciled Talk Bubble Cookies
We’re totally channeling our inner Cher Horowitz and breaking out the Mean Girls quotes for these talk bubble cookies using this super easy stenciled technique! These cookies have a lot to say, so the next time you’re having a conversation, say it with cookies (wink)! DIY a girl gang graphic tee, grab your favorite comfort food and throw in these cookies, and you’ve got yourself the best sleepover prep ever!
- your favorite cookie dough
- white icing
- food coloring spray
- sharp knife
- rolling pin
- talk bubble template
- piping bag
- Silhouette Cameo (or other paper cutting machine)
1. Cut out your stencils and talk bubble templates with an X-ACTO knife or a Silhouette Cameo.
2. Roll out the dough with a floured rolling pin and use the talk bubble template and a knife to cut the shape out of dough.
3. Place your icing into a piping bag.
4. Once your cookies have baked and are cooled, pipe the icing onto the top of the cookie. Allow the icing to dry completely.
5. Place the stencil over your cookie and spray your edible food coloring spray over the stencil. Remove the stencil and allow the words to dry.
- If you’re using a paper template to cut out the dough, put a little bit of flour on the template so it doesn’t stick.
- Leaving your cookie to dry overnight will ensure that it’s dry enough for the food coloring spray.
- Make sure the stencil is covering your whole cookie so you don’t get the food coloring spray on any other areas.
- Be careful not to put on too many coats, as it will cause the letters to bleed together.
- You’re going to rock this DIY because you go, Glen Coco!
What phrase are you going to put on your talk bubble cookies? Share with us on Instagram by using the hashtag #britstagram!