The Quirkiest Monthly Subscriptions to Gift This Holiday
Now that you’re making some serious progress with your gift list, all that’s left to tackle are presents for those people who seem to have it all. Skip the boring gift cards this year and go for the best kind of gift: the kind that keeps on giving. We’ve got 12 of the best (and in some cases, kinda strange) monthly subscription boxes sure to suit everyone on your list. These gifts truly do keep on giving… month after month after month.
1. Candy Japan ($25): Got an especially impatient loved one on your gift list this year? Cut their wait in half by sending them a monthly mystery sweet from Japan twice a month.
2. Art in a Box ($50): If they love discovering new artists before anyone else knows about them, then they’ll love this art subscription service, featuring custom works by Bay Area artists.
3. Loot Crate ($13): This is an epic, monthly subscription box for the geeks and gamers in your life. When that discreet black box hits their doorstep, they’ll unwrap some seriously amazing gaming-gear products, including toys, comics, stickers, t-shirts and food.
6. Le Parcel ($15): Your bestie will now look forward to that “time of the month,” thanks to Le Parcel’s gift box, which will send her tampons, pads, pantyliners, chocolate, a gift AND her choice of up to 25 products to suit her needs.
8. Moss of the Month Club ($95): If someone you know lich-ens flora and fauna, this might be the subscription for them. This 12-month subscription promises to send a surprise sandwich bag full of assorted moss and lichens each month, along with other moss marvels, like miniature birdhouses, rocks and small terrarium kits.
9. Sock Club ($12): Silly, smart, classy and sassy are just a sampling of the awesome, American-made socks the Sock Club has to offer. Outfit your sock lover’s wardrobe with quality and statement-worthy socks of the month.
11. Forbidden Foods Club ($180): For your foodie friend, gift them the good things in life with a side of edge. They’ll receive monthly packages full of the most decadent food items, like Grandma Broadbent’s Kentucky Breakfast Sausage, Arkansas Peppered Bacon and Mo’s Bacon Chocolate Bar.
Would you gift one of these subscription boxes to someone on your list? Tell us about your favorite subscription boxes in the comments below!