With its bright color and fresh flavor, there’s nothing that screams “summer” quite so loudly as lemon (even if it is technically a winter fruit). Lemon chicken recipes to help you detox when the heat has you feeling groggy are always a delight, and lavender and lemon recipes are perfect for snacking on in your freshly blooming garden. And let’s not forget lemonade — a chilled glass helps take the edge off on steamy summer nights. There’s something about lemon that can take any dish and make it taste totally vacation worthy. These 14 lemon-kissed dinner recipes will keep you feeling bright and fresh even on the hottest days of the season.
2. Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers: Marinated in oregano, garlic, and lemon, these versatile chicken skewers will be a new go-to for your summer grilling menu. Try them with grilled veggie kabobs and rice, or toss them into a pita with plenty of tzatziki sauce. (via Not Enough Cinnamon)
3. Angel Hair Crab Cakes: Made with angel hair pasta, these crab cakes get super crispy, never heavy or oily like the traditional recipe. Serve with lemon wedges and a creamy saffron aioli for dipping. (via Rhubarb & Cod)
4. Chicken Orecchiette Soup With Parmesan and Lemon: Soup isn’t just for the colder months, and this fresh tasting dish proves just that. It’s filled with leafy green veggies, carrots, chicken, pasta, and plenty of lemon juice to brighten things up. (via The Healthy Hunter)
5. Lemon Garlic Herb Shrimp in Foil Packets: Foil packets are the easiest way to cook shrimp in the oven or on the grill. Toss with a lemon, garlic, and herb marinade, then cook with some fresh summer veggies and dinner is served. (via Eatwell 101)
6. Super Easy Lemon Chicken: The key to this recipe is a simple ratio: the juice of two lemons plus one tablespoon of honey equals a perfectly balanced lemon sauce every time. Pair it with a pan-fried chicken breast and a side of fresh peas to serve. (via My Gorgeous Recipes)
7. One-Pan Garlic Lemon Chicken Wings With Bulgur: This hearty, healthy meal shows a different side to chicken wings. Here, they’re elegantly flavored with garlic and lemon, then placed atop a bed of bulgur with tomatoes and parsley. (via Give Recipe)
8. 10 Minute Coucous Salad With Lemon Mustard Dressing: The best thing about this dish is that you can whip it up in just 10 minutes with minimal cooking, making it perfect for steamy summer days. Chickpeas give it plenty of protein, making it a complete vegan meal. (via Eyecandypopper)
9. Seared Cod Pasta With Lemon, Tomato, and Basil: Ditch the red meat and add seafood to your pasta all summer long. Seared cod joins tomatoes and basil to make this a dish you’ll crave all season. (via Easy Pasta Sauces)
10. Lemony Corn and Cotija Quinoa Salad: Adding quinoa to a flavorful corn salad gives it staying power that will fuel you all day long. A simple dressing of lemon juice, cilantro, and garlic help to balance the sweetness of summer corn. (via Frites and Fries)
11. Easy Garlic, Lemon, and Herb Pasta: Pasta night doesn’t get easier than this. The key is to add plenty of fresh herbs, garlic, and lemon to your pot — the combo will do most of the work for you. (via Two Purple Figs)
12. Greek Chicken Soup With Semolina and Vegetables: Greek chicken soup, called avgolemono, usually has a silky broth thickened with eggs and flavored with lots of lemon. In this recipe, it gets an added boost from semolina, which further thickens the broth, leaving you with a heartier meal that still tastes fresh thanks to lemon, dill, and lots of veggies. (via 2 Pots 2 Cook)
13. Mint, Lemon, and Garlic Zucchini Noodles: Spiralized zucchini offers a low-carb alternative to pasta that can go with pretty much anything. Lemon, mint, Parmesan cheese, and lots of garlic add satisfying flavor, so you don’t even realize you’re just eating a big pan of veggies. (via Instant Pot Eats)
For more summer cooking ideas, follow us on Pinterest.