The 20 Hottest Nail Trends of Summer 2014
From fireworks to florals, the hottest nail art is a must for summer. You wouldn’t let your wrists go bare, so why let your fingernails? We’ve rounded up the coolest colors and nail art tutorials to keep your nails glamorously be-painted all season long. All we can say is… nailed it!
2. Butter London Come to Bed Red ($15): This bright tomato red is the perfect everyday shade for summer. Plus, it’ll complement every skin tone!
3. Essie Ruffles + Feathers ($9): Embrace a cool ocean-inspired teal for your chill summer vibe. It’ll come in handy for some of the tutorials below.
5. OPI Matte Top Coat ($9): High gloss nails are so ’00s. OPI’s matte top coat will matte-ify any shade, adding a dash of chic to a plain manicure.
7. Julep Sienna ($10): Normally we’re all about sparkly gold during the holiday season. But we’re up for any chance to channel the beach, including sand-colored nails.
8. Julep Kayla ($14): Julep calls the Kayla, “electric iris sheer with violet sheen.” We call it “get on our nails right now.”
10. Nails Inc. Gel Effect Polish in Mercer Street ($14): We know you’re too busy for chipped nails. Opt for a gel effect polish like Nails Inc. for your minimalist summer beauty routine. (via Nails Inc.)
12. Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat in Fuzz-Sea ($6): Add some texture to your next manicure with Sally Hansen’s fuzzy coats. Who knew a polish existed that could make glitter passé?
13. Nails Inc. Bling it on Rocks Collection ($25): Now take your texture to the next level with Nails Inc.’s Bling it on Collection. Have rocks on your fingers. Have rocks on your nails.
14. Patriotic Tie Dye + Floral Mix Tutorial: We love this mani tutorial so much, we’ll be sporting it long after Independence Day. Maybe we’ll even coordinate them with our new tie dye tee! (via Chalkboard Nails)
16. Geode Inspired Nail Art: Lauren Conrad does it again with these awesome geode printed nails. We dream of the day when she becomes our IRL bestie and we can give each other manicures. (Okay… now we’re just sounding creepy.) (via The Beauty Department)
19. Rolling in the Deep Mermaid Tutorial: Maybe we’ll do the ocean print on our nails and this mermaid print on our toes… We just want to make it really clear where’d we rather be. Basically all the time. (via Mad Manis)
What nail art your ready to rock this summer? Let us know below or Tweet us a pic!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)