15 Surfing Essentials to Be the Star of Your Own Blue Crush
With the sun at its highest height, some of you are probably dead set on diving into the surf scene. The waves are calling your name, and you’re about to get one incredible workout. (Hello, killer abs and arms!) Besides arming yourself with a good (and patient) surf instructor, here are 15 essentials you can count on to make you look like a pro surfer.
one-piece in a cheerful print that you can layer with some shorts for a quick post-beach outfit.
4. Roxy Gamechanger Walkers ($25): If your local surf spot is a little on the rough side, opt for some water booties to avoid any jagged rock-involved injuries.
5. Mr. Zogs Sex Wax Original Surf Wax ($12): Check any surf brah’s bag and we guarantee you’ll spot one of these. This “old school” wax has been used since the ‘70s and helps your footsies keep traction!
8. Vans Circle Cat-Eye Sunglasses ($12): Meow! We’re obsessed with these cheap but oh-so-stylish cat-eye sunnies. Keep them close by to give your eyes a rest after a day of surfing.
for shore make you the baddest babe on the beach.
11. Havaianas Slim Fruits Flip Flops ($32): The classic flip flop gets a punchy new makeover with bold pop-art prints and blingy hardware logo.
plumps them up. Plus, this lip-loving essential is free of harmful chemicals.
15. Help Kits ($4): These mini first aid kits have everything you could possibly need, from pain pills for gnarly bruises to bandages for minor cuts. These chic little containers are also biodegradable – should it accidentally get swept up by a wave!