The turkey is in the oven, table is set, potatoes are mashed and all your guests have arrived. Okay, not for a little bit, but we’re giving you some Thanksgiving recipes and ideas a little early this year. There’s only one thing left to do and that’s mix up a cocktail (that is, if you don’t already have one in hand). A meal as special as your Thanksgiving feast calls for an equally special cocktail. Whether you’re looking for an aperitif to wet your whistle or something to warm you up after a post-dinner walk or a nightcap, we’ve put together a few of our favorite libations. They’re sure to wind up on your winter rotation. Cheers to these creative Thanksgiving cocktail recipes!
2. Boozy Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate: This white chocolate spin on cocoa allows the flavor of the pumpkin to really shine. You’ll love the Kahlua and Bourbon variations — it may be hard to choose just one! (via Minimalist Baker)
3. Sparkling Pear and Cranberry Cocktail: Moscato d’asti is an Italian sparkling white wine and also happens to be the perfect topper for this seasonal cocktail. It’s sweeter than champagne and gives the pear a lift. (via Martha Stewart)
4. Punch Parker: This recipe comes from the Shanty in New York and combines all the good stuff. Think high quality gin, winter fruits, framboise, and finished off with prosecco. Prep the punch in advance and top off with the bubbly when your guests arrive. (via Food and Wine)
5. The Hibernating Honey Bear — Bourbon With Honey Sage Syrup: This is a delicious drink anytime, but we especially love it for anyone feeling under the weather. It’s the best tasting throat lozenge you’ve ever had. (via In Sock Monkey Slippers)
7. Cider Rum Punch: A classic punch made of rum (of course), lemon juice, apple cider and spices, this one makes a great crowd pleaser. Make sure to include the pretty thyme and apple slice garnishes. (via Verses from My Kitchen)
8. Wild Turkey Cocktails: The bird won’t be the only turkey on the table this year. This very American drink blends Wild Turkey American Honey whiskey, cloves, cranberry sauce and oranges. It’ll heat you up like a warm blanket. (via Brit.co)
10. Caramel Apple Martini: This is not the apple martini of your college days. Fresh apples and apple cider get swirled with cinnamon and homemade caramel sauce — no artificial ingredients here. Plus, it’s a lot easier to eat than an actual caramel apple. (via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen)
11. Pomegranate Orange Sangria: Brandy meets cabernet in this seriously seasonal sangria. The powerful one-two punch gets answered with crimson pomegranate juice and fresh seeds. (via Completely Delicious)
15. Cranberry Orange Bourbon Cocktail With Brandied Cranberries: The brandied cranberries are the stars of this show. Make a batch in advance and keep them around for an extra special garnish. (via The Little Epicurean)
Do you have a signature holiday cocktail? Tell us in the comments below.