These DIY Coasters are Perfect for Valentine’s Day
It’s getting closer to V-Day everyone, the conversation hearts are on the shelves, and the chocolates in heart-shaped boxes are are calling our names! Instead of buying it all this year, trying DIY’ing a little. This DIY is super simple, and super chic for a Galentine’s or Valentine’s party, or gift idea. You can make these coasters in just a few steps.
- Polymer clay (clay that can be baked to harden)
- Something heart-shaped (we used a small gift box)
- Butter knife
- Letter stamps
- Mix your clay. We used a ratio of 1 part colored clay, and 2 parts white clay to create the pastel hues.
- Roll out your clay to about 1/4 inch.
- Use your heart shape to make and imprint, and then cut it out using your butter knife (you’ll need to smooth out the edges here).
- Stamp out fun, or cheeky sayings onto your hearts. We went the more traditional route and took phrases from actual conversation hearts.
- Lastly, pop them in the oven at 275° for about 15 mins (this can vary on thickness of clay).
Let them cool, and then they are ready to be used for your Valentine’s Day Festivities! Let us know if you make these for your S/O, BFF, or just as a treat for yourself!
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!