This Is the Only App You’ll Want to Use for Making New Friends
At the end of a long week there are a few things we can all look forward to. Perhaps for you that’s a bubble bath, a movie marathon or time out with friends. For us, it’s our round-up of the week’s best apps. (You love it, too!) This week’s apps include one that will help you keep your credit cards in order, a few that will jump-start your summer wanderlust and another that wants to help you make new friends. This summer’s looking pretty good with these new apps on your phone.
1. IDENTITY: When you get a new credit card, everything is annoying. Your old number is rejected at your favorite online shops, Netflix shuts down until you update and automatic payment on bills goes ka-put. This new app solves all those problems by automatically syncing your new card information to every service that uses it. Bonus: The app will make sure you know exactly who has stored your credit card information, so you won’t have any weird surprises.
2. Radar: There are travel guides, and then there is Radar. The new app from Yahoo handpicks recommendations for new spots in cities you’re visiting and then tells you exactly why you might like it. Plus, it’s a super-convenient app that organizes your entire trip itinerary, notifies you of any flight delays and keeps hotel and car reservations in easy reach. Now get out there and start crossing places off your bucket list.
DL It: Free on iOS
3. Detour: One of the most highly regarded audio tour companies just came out with an app for Android. Detour will take you on a winding tour of new cities and then recommend great restaurants to pop into on the way. One of the coolest features is that it syncs up to friends your traveling with, so you can all experience the same tour at the exact same time. There are currently Detour tours available for San Francisco, New York, Austin, London, Paris, Berlin, Barcelona and Marrakech.
4. Hello: Making friends as an adult is hard. This new app aims to make it easier by connecting users with like passions. Once you get an account, you “express your passions” (running, cooking, traveling, drinking — seriously whatever) and the app will let you know who else shares your similar interests and even suggest that you two meet up if you’re close enough. You’re about to get a lot more popular.
5. Doozyrama: This app is kind of like if FourSquare and Emoji had a baby. It lets users add emoji reactions to their favorite places and describe what the vibe is like. (Imagine if Yelp reviews consisted of the tears of joy and beers clinking emoji.) Much like FourSquare, users earn points and compete to earn the crown for their favorite spots. It’s a fun way to keep up with friends and also put your emoji skills to the test.
DL It: Free on iOS
What was your favorite app this week? Let us know @BritandCo!