As Seen on the Today Show: 10 Egg-stremely Easy Easter Ideas
It seems like just yesterday I was jetting across the country to tell all y’all about how to go green for St. Patrick’s Day. Well, spring holidays are in full effect, and this morning, I was back in New York for some more fun at the Today Show once again. This time, it was all about how to create the most beautiful (and tasty) Easter brunch!
2. Egg Candles: Another genius use of egg shells! It only takes a few simple tools to create your own custom candles and is as simple as pouring wax into each egg and holding the wick in place while it hardens. Feel free to add some scented oil if you are so inclined.
Golden Egg Place CardsAnother part of our washi table setting, these golden egg place cards are pretty darn cute. And, of course, we used chevron patterned tape to make our name cards. Because chevron will basically never go out of style.
5. Yarn Lanterns: We are pretty in love with these neon lanterns for spring – I especially love the idea of hanging them outside for a spring cocktail party under the stars. We took ours up a notch by adding hanging pendant lights inside each lantern.
6. Carrot Snack Bags: These are a great way to keep the kids fueled up as they hunt for Easter eggs. And let’s be serious, we love cheddar bunnies just as much as any kid. All it takes is a plastic bag, green ribbon, and cheddar snacks!
7. Coconut Egg Nests: How cute are these? For our segment on the show, we used Whoppers Robins Eggs in addition to Starburst jelly beans. Simple and sweet. The best combo.
8. Easter Egg Pops: Who knew that plastic easter eggs doubled as popsicle molds? This will always be one of my favorite go-to Easter food crafts.
9. Polka Dot Glassware: For a little extra color on the table, use a paint pen to create your own collection of dotty stemless wine glasses.
Bunny NapkinsI mean, could a folded napkin be any cuter? To create this little darling, you need to get down with a few strategic folds. It’s like origami, but with a napkin. Head to my tutorial on Today.com for the full-fledged tutorial.
Hi, I'm Brit, the founder and CEO of Brit + Co. I'm a young mom of two, tech nerd and design-inclined lady who has a zillion hobbies and curious about... just about everything! My mission from the beginning has been to unlock women's creativity and courage to try new things so that they can find the path to their true passions.