We all have that one friend or family member who constantly complains about being cold. Despite an extra-toasty cocoon coat, a blanket scarf, shearling boots and even a hot chocolate to go, no amount of outerwear is considered too excessive. Because the holidays are the season of giving, what could be better than gifting the Eskimo in your life something to actually combat the elements once and for all? Scroll on for 17 winter essentials that will come in handy on days when you can’t even feel your toes.
1. Anthropologie Snow Day Scarf ($68): Days spent playing hooky are officially here. Whether frolicking in the snow or taking a scenic stroll through the park, this knit scarf is the epitome of snow-day fun.
2. Made by Ticket Chocolate Cup of Cheer Tote Set ($32): Fact: There’s nothing that a cup of hot cocoa + an afternoon spent curled up on the couch can’t fix. This festive gift set, complete with a salted caramel and chai stick, will be the perfect pick-me-up when the weather outside is frightful.
3. Eribe Colorblock Mittens ($68): Don’t let the winter blahs get you down. Inject some personality into your wardrobe STAT à la these colorblock mittens that are downright playful.
4. Bohemia Orange Cotton Stripe Pom Pom Blanket ($185): On snow days or low-key weekends, this striped throw blanket (with orange poms!) is the only way to roll. Not only will it spruce up the decor of your living space, but it’s practically made for chilly mornings when getting out of bed isn’t even an option.
5. Missguided Reindeer Slipper Boots ($20): Because odds are your BFF or sis would never think to buy these cutesy reindeer slipper boots for herself. From pajama parties to lazy Sundays, these are the picture of stay-at-home chic.
6. Club Monaco Clamanta Cashmere Sweatpant ($298): These luxe cashmere sweatpants probably *should* be worn in public on those colder-than-cold days. The slim-fit, athleisure-inspired sweats would look fly with some old-school kicks and a slouchy turtleneck sweater.
7. Philosophy Candy Cane Shampoo, Shower Gel + Bubble Set ($18): Treat yo’self with this all-in-one candy cane-scented product that doubles as a shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath. For an upcoming Secret Santa, this would be the ultimate crowd-pleaser.
8. Kit and Ace Halsey Bomber ($378): For the outdoorsy person on your list, this versatile navy bomber jacket won’t disappoint. For weekend hikes and yoga retreats, the removable gray hoodie will be a godsend on gusty afternoons.
9. Vinyl Lace-Up Moon Boots ($130): Laugh now, but these futuristic moon boots don’t mess around. Guaranteed to fight off Old Man Winter in style, these state-of-the-art snow boots would be the perfect gift for ski enthusiasts.
10. Kate Spade Warm Heart Thermal Mug ($18): This thermal mug says it all. The secret to staying warm during frigid commutes is to come prepared with a hot beverage of your choice (mulled cider to go, anyone?). Sip and savor.
11. We the Free Rosey Cuff ($68): For puffy vest weather, an ultra cozy thermal top with knitted cuffs is obligatory. Whether you pair it with plaid pjs or a denim button-front skirt, it’s a crucial layering piece that won’t go unnoticed this season.
12. Made by Ticket Chocolate Artisan S’mores Kit ($19): These are indoor s’mores, people! For ooey-gooey chocolatey goodness in the safety of your own home, this is the gift set that will keep on giving (for holidays + beyond).
13. J.Crew Faux-Fur Trapper Hat in Plaid ($60): For the prepster who’s mad for plaid, this faux-fur trapper hat is everything — if not to shield your ears and head from the elements, then to embrace your snow bunny status.
14. ASOS Neon Rose Belted Robe Coat ($116): Your fashionably late bestie is going to love you. Thanks to this belted robe-turned-coat in disguise, getting dressed in the morning will be as easy as roll out of bed and go.
15. Dark Pine Arquiste for J.Crew Candle ($45): For the hostess with the mostess or the girl who’s all go-go-go, this dark pine-scented candle will bring serious relaxation vibes. Did we mention that it smells like a freshly cut Christmas tree? Oh yeah.
16. Free People Fireside Slipper Sock ($16): These slipper socks are the cold weather essential that your bestie won’t believe she’s been living without. The winter wonderland print and fuzzy lining will bring back so many childhood memories.
17. Pendleton Glacier Park Blanket Poncho ($299): Infinitely chicer than any Snuggie we’ve ever seen, this colorful blanket poncho is major lazy girl goals. The oversized fit makes it an uber stylish topper on days when it’s too cold to function.
Will you be gifting any of these cold-weather essentials? Let us know in the comments below!