21 Unique Gift Ideas for People Who Are ALWAYS Cold
We all have that one friend or family member who constantly complains about being cold. Despite owning an extra-toasty cocoon coat, a blanket scarf, shearling boots, and even a hot chocolate to go, no amount of outerwear is considered too excessive. So, what could be better than gifting the Eskimo in your life something to actually combat the elements once and for all? Scroll on for 20 winter essentials that will come in handy on days when you can’t feel your toes.
1. Anthropologie Getaway Alpaca Cowl Scarf ($128): Whether frolicking in the snow, or taking a scenic stroll through the park, this knit scarf is the epitome of snow-day fun.
2. UpANotchGifts Hot Chocolate Cone Kit ($35+): Fact: There’s nothing that a cup of hot cocoa and an afternoon spent curled up on the couch can’t fix. This festive gift set will be the perfect pick-me-up when the weather outside is just too much to handle.
3. Anthropologie Pommed Berkshire Gloves ($32): These stylish gloves will make you feel like making snow angels — even in the dead of winter.
4. Anthropologie Striped Faux Fur Throw Blanket ($128): On low-key weekends, this faux fur throw blanket is the best way to relax. Not only will it spruce up your decor, but it’s practically made for chilly mornings when getting out of bed doesn’t feel like an option.
5. ModCloth Get Some Beauty Sheep Slippers ($25): Because odds are your BFF or sis would never think to buy these cutesy sheep slippers for herself. From pajama parties to lazy Sundays, these are the definition of stay-home chic.
6. Out from Under Cozy Fleece Jogger Pant ($49): These fleece sweatpants probably *should* be worn in public on those colder-than-cold days.
7. Philosophy Cinnamon Buns Shampoo, Shower Gel + Bubble Bath ($18): Treat yo’ self with this all-in-one product that doubles as a shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath. Bonus: It’ll have you smelling like a toasty cinnamon bun too.
8. Kit and Ace Better Together Jacket ($168): For the outdoorsy person on your list, this versatile jacket won’t disappoint. It’s both thermal and lightweight for weekend hikes to yoga retreats.
9. UGG Bailey Button II Boots ($170): These water-resistant, leather boots have a cute button closure. And the shearling lining will make your feet feel like they’re getting a warm hug.
10. kate spade new york Warm Heart Thermal Mug ($18): This thermal mug says it all. The secret to staying warm during frigid commutes is to come prepared with a hot beverage of your choice (mulled cider, anyone?)
11. Urban Outfitters Devon Pointelle Knit Sweater ($64): Curl up in this comfortable knit sweater that looks like it came straight from your momma’s closet.
12. Nineteen27 S’mores Kit Original ($10+): These are indoor s’mores, people! For ooey-gooey chocolatey goodness in the safety of your own home, this is the gift set that you need RN.
13. J.Crew Ribbed Beanie With Faux Fur Pom-Pom ($40): Keep your ears and head toasty with this cozy, ribbed beanie that’s cute enough to wear indoors or for a walk outside in the snow.
14. ASOS Made in Kenya Robe Coat With Balloon Sleeves ($174): Your fashionably late bestie is going to love you. Thanks to this belted robe-turned-coat in disguise, getting dressed in the morning will be as easy as rolling out of bed and heading out the door.
15. Hopscotch Cedar and Pine Candle ($30): For the hostess with the mostest or the girl who’s all go-go-go, this pine-scented candle will bring some serious relaxation. Did we mention that it smells like a freshly cut Christmas tree too?
16. Free People Snow Day Crew Sock ($12): These socks are the cold-weather essential that your bestie won’t believe she’s been living without. Slip them on next time you stay home for a snow day.
17. Cozy Geo Print Hoodie Poncho ($64): This is infinitely chicer than any Snuggie we’ve ever seen. The oversized fit makes it an uber stylish topper on days when it’s almost too cold to function.
18. Krimson Klover Excelerator 1/4 Zip Pullover Sweater ($159): This sustainable clothing brand is dedicated to “slow fashion,” or taking the time to hand-craft environmentally-friendly pieces that will last you for years, which is ideal since you’ll never want to take off this warm merino wool sweater.
19. SMOKO Fox Pillow Warmer ($40): Pillows and blankets are a must on cold days, but this clever fox also has an internal heater for extra warmth.
20. Free People Earmuff Headphones ($28): Listening to your favorite tunes is no longer an excuse for letting your ears get cold.
21. Soup of the Day: 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year ($21): Keep the cold at bay by making heartwarming soups to sip on all winter long.
Additional reporting by Andrea Romano.
What are your must-have cold-weather essentials? Share them with us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.