21 Unique Gift Ideas for People Who Are ALWAYS Cold
We all have that one friend or family member who constantly complains about being cold. Despite owning an extra-toasty cocoon coat, a blanket scarf, shearling boots, and even a hot chocolate to go, no amount of outerwear is considered too excessive. So, what could be better than gifting the Eskimo in your life something to actually combat the elements once and for all? Scroll on for 20 winter essentials that will come in handy on days when you can’t feel your toes.
1. Anthropologie Getaway Alpaca Cowl Scarf ($128): Whether frolicking in the snow, or taking a scenic stroll through the park, this knit scarf is the epitome of snow-day fun.
2. UpANotchGifts Hot Chocolate Cone Kit ($35+): Fact: There’s nothing that a cup of hot cocoa and an afternoon spent curled up on the couch can’t fix. This festive gift set will be the perfect pick-me-up when the weather outside is just too much to handle.
3. Anthropologie Pommed Berkshire Gloves ($32): These stylish gloves will make you feel like making snow angels — even in the dead of winter.
4. Anthropologie Striped Faux Fur Throw Blanket ($128): On low-key weekends, this faux fur throw blanket is the best way to relax. Not only will it spruce up your decor, but it’s practically made for chilly mornings when getting out of bed doesn’t feel like an option.
5. ModCloth Get Some Beauty Sheep Slippers ($25): Because odds are your BFF or sis would never think to buy these cutesy sheep slippers for herself. From pajama parties to lazy Sundays, these are the definition of stay-home chic.
6. Out from Under Cozy Fleece Jogger Pant ($49): These fleece sweatpants probably *should* be worn in public on those colder-than-cold days.
7. Philosophy Cinnamon Buns Shampoo, Shower Gel + Bubble Bath ($18): Treat yo’ self with this all-in-one product that doubles as a shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath. Bonus: It’ll have you smelling like a toasty cinnamon bun too.
8. Kit and Ace Better Together Jacket ($168): For the outdoorsy person on your list, this versatile jacket won’t disappoint. It’s both thermal and lightweight for weekend hikes to yoga retreats.
9. UGG Bailey Button II Boots ($170): These water-resistant, leather boots have a cute button closure. And the shearling lining will make your feet feel like they’re getting a warm hug.
10. kate spade new york Warm Heart Thermal Mug ($18): This thermal mug says it all. The secret to staying warm during frigid commutes is to come prepared with a hot beverage of your choice (mulled cider, anyone?)
11. Urban Outfitters Devon Pointelle Knit Sweater ($64): Curl up in this comfortable knit sweater that looks like it came straight from your momma’s closet.
12. Nineteen27 S’mores Kit Original ($10+): These are indoor s’mores, people! For ooey-gooey chocolatey goodness in the safety of your own home, this is the gift set that you need RN.
13. J.Crew Ribbed Beanie With Faux Fur Pom-Pom ($40): Keep your ears and head toasty with this cozy, ribbed beanie that’s cute enough to wear indoors or for a walk outside in the snow.
14. ASOS Made in Kenya Robe Coat With Balloon Sleeves ($174): Your fashionably late bestie is going to love you. Thanks to this belted robe-turned-coat in disguise, getting dressed in the morning will be as easy as rolling out of bed and heading out the door.
15. Hopscotch Cedar and Pine Candle ($30): For the hostess with the mostest or the girl who’s all go-go-go, this pine-scented candle will bring some serious relaxation. Did we mention that it smells like a freshly cut Christmas tree too?
16. Free People Snow Day Crew Sock ($12): These socks are the cold-weather essential that your bestie won’t believe she’s been living without. Slip them on next time you stay home for a snow day.
17. Cozy Geo Print Hoodie Poncho ($64): This is infinitely chicer than any Snuggie we’ve ever seen. The oversized fit makes it an uber stylish topper on days when it’s almost too cold to function.
18. Krimson Klover Excelerator 1/4 Zip Pullover Sweater ($159): This sustainable clothing brand is dedicated to “slow fashion,” or taking the time to hand-craft environmentally-friendly pieces that will last you for years, which is ideal since you’ll never want to take off this warm merino wool sweater.
19. SMOKO Fox Pillow Warmer ($40): Pillows and blankets are a must on cold days, but this clever fox also has an internal heater for extra warmth.
20. Free People Earmuff Headphones ($28): Listening to your favorite tunes is no longer an excuse for letting your ears get cold.
21. Soup of the Day: 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year ($21): Keep the cold at bay by making heartwarming soups to sip on all winter long.
Additional reporting by Andrea Romano.
What are your must-have cold-weather essentials? Share them with us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.