Get Your Easter Brunch on With These Vegan Lemon Scones Recipe
Calling all brunch fans! We have *the* scone recipe for you. Lemon scones are the perfect breakfast pastry because they’re refreshing, flavorful, and so delicious. What’s even better is these babies are vegan! They can easily be gluten-free too, if you swap out the flour for a GF blend. AND they’re lightly sweetened compared to other breakfast pastries. So grab your favorite mimosa recipe, and add these delicious scones to your Easter brunch menu, stat.
makes 8 scones
for lemon glaze (optional):
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In medium mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and cane sugar.
3. Cut in butter until the butter is in tiny clumps, evenly distributed in the dough.
4. Add honey (or agave), lemon juice, lemon zest, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Mix ingredients slightly.
5. If dough is too dry, add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough is stiff. You don’t want the dough to be liquid-y.
6. Add dough to floured surface and knead a few times. Roll out into a round disc and divide into 8 even slices. Using a spatula, transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cane sugar on top of scones.
8. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before adding glaze.
9. To make glaze, mix sugar with lemon juice, then add butter and microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk together until mixture turns into a thick glaze. Drizzle over the top of the scones and let cool.
Start by mixing all the dry ingredients together. Cut in butter until it is evenly distributed in the flour mixture.
Add the honey (or agave), lemon juice, lemon zest, almond milk, and vanilla extract, and mix until all ingredients are incorporated and form a stiff dough.
Add one tablespoon of almond milk at a time if the dough is too floury. The dough should be stiff and easy to handle.
Transfer dough to floured surface and knead a few times.
Roll dough into disc and cut into eight equal slices.
Transfer scones to a parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with cane sugar. Bake for 20 minutes.
Add a lemon glaze for the ultimate scone recipe!
These scones make the perfect addition to any brunch spread.
The cake-like texture of these scones makes the perfect pair with some coffee or tea!
Lemon scones FTW!