7 #OOTDs for the Week: Turn Your Classic Peacoat Into a Statement Coat
We blame Blake Lively and her untouchable collection of patterned outerwear for our outright neglect of our classic peacoat. But with only a few more weeks of winter ahead, it’s about time we make amends. After all, there really is no other cold weather coat that you can count on more to class up your look in an instant. This week’s outfit inspiration is about how to harness your peacoat’s timeless appeal in more fashion-forward ways with help from some of the most stylish ladies on Instagram. Scroll through these seven #OOTDs below for tips on how to style your tried-and-true warmer like a statement coat.
1. @platinumandpenniless: “Toss on a peacoat” is the new “rock a pair of strappy heels” when it comes to 101-level ways to dress up your jeans. Use both style hacks together like New Jersey blogger Alyssa and you’re basically declaring yourself a fashion force to be reckoned with.
2. @larisacostea: Just not finding the perfect long-line blazer? Sub in your peacoat like Romanian blogger Larisa and get the look just like that. It’s an office-ready outfit with preppier stylings like a collared shirt and sweater vest, or perfect for date night over a wide-legged jumpsuit.
3. @_carolcheung: Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean you need to lose your cool. With a moto-style jacket peeking underneath your peacoat, you won’t just be all kinds of toasty, but it will also give your outerwear a more edgy feel than you ever dreamed. Play that up like Canadian blogger Carol with more leather accessories, like biker boots and a studded bucket bag.
4. @cnylorac: Play into the plain-ness of your peacoat by going matchy-matchy with the rest of your getup. For a black or gray warmer, keep your look grayscale from head to toe like NYC blogger Carolyn. Or, if your go-to peacoat is camel colored, opt for an all-pastel outfit that’s just as chic.
5. @happilygrey: Like Nashville blogger Mary, use your peacoat as a way to frame a hyper-patterned outfit. Try that tossed-over-the-shoulders styling hack for extra style girl points.
6. @thepartofstyle: When the cozy girl in you takes over, do like French blogger Saadia does and reach for your peacoat instead of that oversized cardigan. While you’ll achieve the same oversized silhouette with either, the coat turns your ultra-casual outfit into a polished look worth blogging about.
7. @allyshayung: Don’t resign your favorite layers like blazers, kimonos and vests to the indoors. Go for a more eccentric look by wearing ’em under a peacoat to create a cold weather–ready look that’s nothing short of eye catching.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with@britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post!