27 Incredibly Cute Ways to Wear Black + White Right Now
For colorphobes, black and white are closet cornerstones, but for everyone else, well, they’re kind of a bummer (LBD’s aside). What’s life without a little color? Turns out, incredibly chic. From marble prints to studded bomber jackets and “color” blocked skirts, this season’s monochromatic pieces are on top of their game. That means there’s no better time than now to go head-to-toe in these two timeless hues. Take these 27 pieces as solid proof.
1. ASOS Midi Skirt In Bold Metallic Stripe ($99): Metallics kind of make everything better and this pleated midi is no exception. Style it with amped up ankle boots and a high-neck knit for an eye-catching look that works for both on and off-duty.
2. H&M Long Chiffon Blouse ($30): When you want to wear white, but are feelin’ something with a little more flavor, consider marble your new sartorial BFF. It’s subtle and sophisticated, but definitely makes a statement.
3. Mango Leather Trench ($350): Give your go-to trench a major upgrade this season with a leather trench that boasts some serious no-mess vibes. Layer over a shift and menswear flats or joggers and customized kicks.
4. Cheap Monday High Neck Dress In Autograph ($45): For effortless dressing, one-and-done pieces are essentials, which is why this soft squiggly number is prime. Statement accessories — don’t really need ’em. Just toss it on over leather-look leggings or tights and pair with a bomber jacket or cardi-coat to stay toasty.
not to be trend-right.
6. ASOS Bonded A-Line Skirt with Contrast Pockets ($54): Channel major mod vibes with a zip-front skirt in a classic A-line silhouette. A turtleneck sweater and ankle boots will ground the look in mid-century territory, but if a more modern aesthetic is what you’re after, consider layering over (seriously!) a fave dress.
oeuvre d’art in graphic print pants that will energize even the most basic of basics in your closet.
10. Urbancode Faux Leather Pleat Maxi Skirt ($178): Send off serious #girlboss vibes when you take the floor at your next meeting with a sleek pleated maxi skirt in faux leather. Rock it with a classic button-down and pumps for your 9 to 5, then look to faux fur vests and sleeveless, high-neck tops to transition the piece for after hours.
keeping cozy this fall in a fluffy mohair cardigan. To create contrast within your look, pair it up with sleek separates like leather-look pants or a silky skirt.
12. H&M Ruffled Top with Sleeves ($15): Bell sleeves are everywhere right now and an understated style like this one can easily be incorporated into any wardrobe. Simply sub in for a traditional tee and watch as denim and other basics are brought to life.
sweater dresses. It’s like a snuggy, only incredibly chic, so you’ll want to wear it all day ‘errday.
14. Nasty Gal A Team Leather Varsity Jacket ($400): Bring your A-game with a star-studded varsity jacket in sleek black leather. Killer with boyfriend jeans and graphic tee or a shirt dress and pointed-toe loafers.
LWD, this is it. Break it in before summer rolls around with printed flare pants, longline cardigan and a statement-making belt.
16. COS Long Open-Back Top ($81): Dress in the front, shirt in the back, this high-low top is perfect for those with chronic indecision. No matter which way you look, this longline number is on-point. For maximum impact, layer it over colorful trousers or a maxi skirt.
17. Mango Faux Fur Coat ($119): Faux fur gets an on-trend makeover with bold black-and-white stripes. Wear it with jeans, a tee and hightop trainers to take your off-duty style up a notch.
suede skirt is crazy versatile, making it a must for any and every season. Take it through the cool weather months with patterned tights, flowy blouses and warm woolen knits.
19. & Other Stories Monochrome Rainforest Print Silk Shirt ($95): Summer was all about lively palm prints and the same can be said for fall. The only difference? High contrast patterns that turn the statement piece into an everyday essential.
pinafores aren’t just for the 5-and-under crowd anymore. For a grownup edge, rock with borrowed-from-the-boys separates, bow-neck blouses and sassy heels.
21. Topshop Fringe Side Leggings ($20): These are the pants we’ve been dreaming about basically forever. The festive fringe trim offers any outfit an element of movement, from shirt dresses to turtleneck tunics and mini skirts.
22. River Island Black Pattern Skirt Zip-Frront A-Line Dress ($120): It might look like a chic skirt and turtleneck combo, but this getup is a one-piece wonder ready for whatever you have going on your jam-packed agenda.
23. BDG Plaid Bias Cut Circle Skirt ($59): Your school days might be over, but a plaid, uniform-inspired skirt never goes out of style. Counter its prim-and-proper feel with a cropped sweater, lace-up boots and a classic moto jacket.
24. Glamorous Patchwork Jacket ($239): Beat those cool weather blues and dropping temps with a fluffy color blocked coat. For an extra layer of warmth, tack on a blanket scarf, fisherman’s cap and shearling mittens.
25. Nasty Gal Devil’s Gate Fringe Skirt ($108): Making a move ain’t no thang when you count pieces like these in your sartorial arsenal. Fit for shakin’ it on the dance floor, this fringe-flecked skirt can hold in more laid-back settings too. Simply add a sweatshirt, sneaks and a crossbody sac.
26. Mango Bouclé Mohair-Blend Coat ($130): An exotic alternative to the expected blazer, an animal print coat is sure to garner an envious glance or two.
27. Forever21 Contemporary Varsity Stripe ($16): Scuba knit brings a whole new approach to comfy dressing, injecting a contemporary, fashion-forward edge into a casual pullover.