15 Weird Ice Cream Flavors That Are Anything But Vanilla
If you grew up with your parents telling you that you can’t have ice cream for dinner, they probably never thought about it including avocado, balsamic vinegar or goat cheese. There has been a true revolution in the world of ice cream, and the only rule is that there are no rules. We’ve collected a variety of salty, sweet and just plain unusual combinations that will inspire you to bring the ice cream maker out of storage immediately. Get ready, ’cause these 15 sweet and savory desserts are going to blow your ice-cream-lovin’ mind.
1. Strawberry Balsamic Rosemary Ice Cream: Balsamic + Rosemary is already a winning combo. Add strawberries to that and you’ll be pleasantly surprised at just how delicious it actually is. (via Brit + Co)
5. Red Beet, Honey, Rose Water, Goat Cheese and Goat Milk Ice Cream: The ingredients might be a mouthful to say, but if they taste as delicious as it looks, we’re willing to give it a try. (via A Brown Table)
7. Coconut Curry Ice Cream With Honey Salted Cashews: Curry combines a variety of sweet and savory spices that lends itself to be a better partner for ice cream than you might have imagined. (via Aida Mollenkamp)
9. Banana Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream: We love avocados and ice cream equally, so how could bringing them together be anything but right? (via The Saffron Girl)
13. Sweet Corn With a Salted Caramel Swirl and Chocolate-Covered Potato Chips: We’ve seen corn show up in some pretty unexpected dishes. This ice cream recipe definitely takes the cake. (via How Sweet Eats)
What’s the most unusual ice cream combination you’ve ever tried? Tell us in the comments!