15 DIY Ideas for Your Next Ice Cream Social
National Ice Cream Day may have come and gone, but that doesn’t mean you can’t throw a super scrumptious ice cream social to celebrate summer. We know that ice cream cake is a given (because, really, why should you have to choose between ice cream and cake), but why not make your decor cool as well? These 15 DIY ice cream-themed party ideas will make you want to throw an ice cream social weekly.
1. Ice Cream Cone Favor Bags: Send your guests home with treats in this sweet little bag. The retro brown paper bags offer a dose of nostalgia, and the ice cream shapes feature two of our favorite things: Glitter and polka dots! (via Pottery Barn Kids)
2. Ice Cream Cone Piñatas DIY: Is it a piñata? Is it ice cream? With this DIY, you can have both! Fill them with goodies, or if your heart is breaking at the thought of destroying these, just hang them as decor. (via Oh Happy Day)
3. Jumbo Popsicle Garland: While ice cream is always a great treat, sometimes on hot summer days we just crave a refreshing popsicle. Plus, this garland is made using pool noodles, which makes this the ultimate ode to summer. (via Oh Happy Day)
4. DIY Playful Yarn Balls: These yarn balls can be used for all kinds of projects, but our favorite is these adorable ice cream scoops. Use these whimsical faux-sundaes as centerpieces. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
5. Ice Cream Balloons: At Brit HQ, we’re suckers for crazy creative balloons, like these easy-to-make ice cream cone ones. Make them big and small, in every color of the rainbow and with interesting prints on the cones. (via Pottery Barn Kids)
6. DIY Paper Popsicle Memory Game: These colorful popsicle printables are originally made for a memory game (which we love!), but you can also string them together to create a playful popsicle banner. (via Eat Drink Chic)
10. DIY Ice Cream Cone Balloon Weights: We’ve already shown you how to craft ice cream balloons, but why not try something different and go with balloon weights instead? Line these up in your hallway to set the tone for your party as your guests arrive. (via Studio DIY)
11. Watermelon Printable Ice Cream Cone Wrappers: Combine two perfect summertime treats into one with this watermelon cone wrapper. Fill them with some sorbet to continue the fruity theme. (via Design Eat Repeat)
13. DIY Ice Cream Lanterns: Light these ice cream cones up when the sun starts to set for a surprising effect. And when the party is over, keep the lanterns for a year ’round festive look. (via DIY Inspired)
14. No-Melt Pop Invitations: Go retro with these ice pop invites. The slightly sheer paper gives them a creamy feel that’s almost good enough to eat. Plus, we’re always a sucker (get it? sucker?) for anything color blocked. (via Martha Stewart)
Will you be throwing an ice cream party this summer? What’s your favorite way to celebrate summer? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)