15 DIY Ideas for Your Next Ice Cream Social
National Ice Cream Day may have come and gone, but that doesn’t mean you can’t throw a super scrumptious ice cream social to celebrate summer. We know that ice cream cake is a given (because, really, why should you have to choose between ice cream and cake), but why not make your decor cool as well? These 15 DIY ice cream-themed party ideas will make you want to throw an ice cream social weekly.
1. Ice Cream Cone Favor Bags: Send your guests home with treats in this sweet little bag. The retro brown paper bags offer a dose of nostalgia, and the ice cream shapes feature two of our favorite things: Glitter and polka dots! (via Pottery Barn Kids)
2. Ice Cream Cone Piñatas DIY: Is it a piñata? Is it ice cream? With this DIY, you can have both! Fill them with goodies, or if your heart is breaking at the thought of destroying these, just hang them as decor. (via Oh Happy Day)
3. Jumbo Popsicle Garland: While ice cream is always a great treat, sometimes on hot summer days we just crave a refreshing popsicle. Plus, this garland is made using pool noodles, which makes this the ultimate ode to summer. (via Oh Happy Day)
4. DIY Playful Yarn Balls: These yarn balls can be used for all kinds of projects, but our favorite is these adorable ice cream scoops. Use these whimsical faux-sundaes as centerpieces. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
5. Ice Cream Balloons: At Brit HQ, we’re suckers for crazy creative balloons, like these easy-to-make ice cream cone ones. Make them big and small, in every color of the rainbow and with interesting prints on the cones. (via Pottery Barn Kids)
6. DIY Paper Popsicle Memory Game: These colorful popsicle printables are originally made for a memory game (which we love!), but you can also string them together to create a playful popsicle banner. (via Eat Drink Chic)
10. DIY Ice Cream Cone Balloon Weights: We’ve already shown you how to craft ice cream balloons, but why not try something different and go with balloon weights instead? Line these up in your hallway to set the tone for your party as your guests arrive. (via Studio DIY)
11. Watermelon Printable Ice Cream Cone Wrappers: Combine two perfect summertime treats into one with this watermelon cone wrapper. Fill them with some sorbet to continue the fruity theme. (via Design Eat Repeat)
13. DIY Ice Cream Lanterns: Light these ice cream cones up when the sun starts to set for a surprising effect. And when the party is over, keep the lanterns for a year ’round festive look. (via DIY Inspired)
14. No-Melt Pop Invitations: Go retro with these ice pop invites. The slightly sheer paper gives them a creamy feel that’s almost good enough to eat. Plus, we’re always a sucker (get it? sucker?) for anything color blocked. (via Martha Stewart)
Will you be throwing an ice cream party this summer? What’s your favorite way to celebrate summer? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.