“Will & Grace” Star Sean Hayes Recently Had a Major Health Scare
Categories: Celebrity News

“Will & Grace” Star Sean Hayes Recently Had a Major Health Scare

Sean Hayes is pretty much always all smiles, including, it turns out, when talking about a serious-sounding health scare he recently experienced.

In an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, the Will & Grace star revealed that he was actually supposed to be on the show two weeks ago — but he ended up in the emergency room instead.

“I went to bed at night and all of a sudden I felt this excruciating pain in my stomach,” he told DeGeneres. “I went to the ER, and — thank God I did.”

It turned out that Hayes’ small intestine had burst open. “It was poisoning my body,” he said nonchalantly. “They went in there and they clipped off the bad part and put it back together with, like, a chip clip, you know? Now my potato chips are stale.”

Hayes was so eager to make up his missed Ellen appearance that he was on the phone making arrangements with a producer while still under the influence of pain medication issued after his procedure.

“Scotty [Icenogle], my husband, is in the room with me, and he’s like, ‘What’s wrong with you, you can’t do the Ellen show on Monday! Are you high?'” the actor recalled. “And I’m like, ‘Yeah! I’m really high!'”

Fortunately, Hayes seems fully on the mend now. He even brought breathing exercises from the hospital to use in a game, which brought DeGeneres to tears. Too good. All our best to Hayes and his health!

Are you surprised to hear about Sean Hayes’ medical emergency? Let us know @BritandCo!

(Photo via Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty)