20 Wooden Accessories You Can Buy and DIY
We’re loving the resurgence of natural materials on the style front. We’ve already shown you 30 ways to rock some serious rocks, gems, and stones, and now we’re onto our next material. Wood!
The question is: Wood you wear any of the accessories on this list? ;)
3. Laser Cut Wood Cuffs ($65): We are seriously counting down the days until we get a laser cutter at Brit HQ. The cutout patterns on these cuffs are amazing.
4. Wooden Diamond ($17): All you need is a little sandpaper to make your own faceted wooden pendant. And you should probably know your way around a can of antiquing paint.
6. Dipped Dagger ($48): Speaking of doing da dip, this dangerous dagger makes for a powerful color combo.
8. Color-Dipped Wooden Beads: The color-dipped look is always a surefire way to transform just about anything from standard to trendy by way of the color block trend. It might be cool to try doing the same thing with all sorts of different sized beads and more angular designs. (via Swallow’s Heart)
11. Carved Wood Tassel Necklace ($90): When in doubt, put a tassel on it!
14. Brass Wood Statement Ring: This boss-looking ring is way easier to make than you think. Simply glue a wooden heart to a ring base and paint the whole darn thing with brass paint! (via Luri and Wilma)
15. Patterned Bangles ($22): We love the mix-matchy look of all these bangles pile together. Might have to try our hand at DIYing something similar!
17. Brass and Gold Charm Bracelet ($10): Does a two-charm situation still qualify as a charm bracelet? Charmed, I’m sure ;)
18. Light Blue and Wood Statement Necklace ($81): This layered geometric necklace almost looks antique. We love the juxtaposition of metal chain with lightly painted wood.
20. Saros Zebrawood Studs ($26): Last, studs! Well, stud earrings ;)
What do you think of the wooden jewelry trend? Here to stay or on the way out? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below.