Pasta is one of *the most* delicious things on the planet, but with all of the buttery, cheesy options, it can wreak havoc on your waistline. Stay on track with your health goals and satisfy your craving by throwing a TON of veggies in there. Here are 12 of our favorite quick-and-easy green pasta dishes to chow down on.
1. Vegan Green Goddess Pasta: When you’ve got a big bowl o’ noodles in front of you, you hardly need animal products for flavor. That’s why we love this super-delicious vegan pasta bowl. Spoiler alert: The secret to making super-cheesy vegan pastas is none other than nutritional yeast. (via Blissful Basil)
2. Creamy Avocado and Spinach Pasta: If you haven’t jumped on board the avocado pasta train yet, you’re missing out. Ripe avos add creaminess and flavor to your noodles in a similar way to olive oil and butter. But, obviously, they’re incredibly healthy and full of nutrients. (via Jo Cooks)
3. Green Goddess Pasta Salad With Cilantro Lime Dressing: Pasta salad really is the best of all worlds. Make it with canned chickpeas for a quick-and-easy protein fix, or add grilled chicken breast if you’re in need of something a little more substantial. (via Pumpkin and Peanut Butter)
4. BLT Pasta Salad: Speaking of pasta salads, why not combine the flavors of everyone’s favorite sandwich with a green-packed pasta dish? This super yummy version is made with tomatoes, romaine lettuce, bacon, ranch dressing, and barbecue sauce for a decidedly un-salady salad. (via Life in the Lofthouse)
5. One Pan Gnocchi With Sun-dried Tomatoes and White Beans: You only need to get one dish dirty to make this super quick and simple gnocchi dish packed with vegetables and vegetarian protein. (via Sweet Peas and Saffron)
6. Green Goddess Zucchini Pasta With Fried Halloumi: Halloumi is a delicious, hearty cheese that makes for a fantastic meat substitute… especially in pasta dishes. This tasty recipe requires only a few steps: Cook your pasta, fry your cheese, sauté your veggies, and then combine for ultimate yumminess. (via Half-Baked Harvest)
7. Broccoli Tahini Pasta Salad: Broccoli is one of the most nutrient-dense vegetables out there, boasting large amounts of dietary fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin E, manganese, vitamin B1, potassium, and vitamin A. Pro tip: To ensure your broccoli doesn’t lose nutrients in the cooking process, be sure to steam it rather than boil it. (via Love and Lemons)
8. Green Pesto Vegetable Soup: Bowtie pasta is a delightful addition to this healthful, pesto-based soup. Flavorful and herbaceous, this concoction is flavored with a TON of herbs and spices, including cilantro, basil, parsley, and coriander. (via Well and Full)
9. Pasta With Green Beans and Pesto: This hearty pasta dish is full of plant-based protein… from green beans. Yep, they’re actually a very high-protein vegetable and PEFECT for adding into pasta dishes. Pro tip: To make sure you don’t overcook your penne, pour cold water over the pasta after it’s done cooking. This will prevent further cooking due to steam. (via Skinny Ms.)
10. Green Goddess Pasta Bowl: Top this dish with whatever protein you please. Salmon is a super-healthy choice, but vegans can eat this completely as-is. Bonus health points if you make it with whole-wheat noodles. (via The Endless Meal)
11. Green Goddess Mac and Cheese: Mac and cheese is a perennial guilty pleasure, but there’s no need to feel guilty about indulging every once in a while, especially when you’re simultaneously indulging in baby spinach and parsley. (via Simply Recipes)
12. The Best Avocado Pasta: Here’s another avocado pasta sauce for you to try out. Be sure to select super-ripe avocados when you’re making this kind of pasta sauce. If they’re not ripe, you won’t end up with the creamy consistency that makes it absolutely ah-mazing. (via Gimme Delicious)
For more healthy pasta recipes, follow us on Pinterest!