You guys, in case you haven’t heard, Jessica Simpson just set a new wedding trend — yup, co-ed bachelor/ette parties are officially a thing. Between balancing two babies, a billion dollar fashion and fragrance empire + a Weight Watchers endorsement deal, you’d think the former pop star would have enough on her plate. But rumor has it she and fiancé, Eric Johnson, are set to tie the knot in a destination wedding this summer. Do you think they’ll serve chicken or fish? Too soon?
This cute couple’s great idea got our brains a-whirling. Co-ed events, also known as Jack and Jill showers, are getting more and more popular as less people feel the need to mourn the end of their singledom with drunken debauchery that mirrors their single days. Sound good to you and yours? Good, ’cause we present to you: 10 Brit-approved ideas for throwing your own co-ed bachelor/bachelorette party!
1. Beach Getaway: Everyone needs sun and relaxation after months of grueling wedding planning; something bride-to-be Lauren Conrad was well aware of when she whisked her bridesmaids off to Cabo recently. With the groomsmen along for the ride, it can be like Spring Break for grown-ups. Or not. You know, whatever you’re into. (via Lauren Conrad)
4. Wine Tasting: Though this makes a great bachelorette party idea, we’d bet the dudes would get a kick out of it, too. Also a great idea: brewery or distillery tours. Basically anything booze-related! (via Style Me Pretty)
5. Attend a Film Festival: This is the pick-your-own adventure version of bachelor/bachelorette parties. Pick and choose which films to take in, and swap groups for each one. (via Austin Film Festival)
6. Compete In Wedding Olympics: This idea gives a whole new meaning to the term, “Battle of the Sexes.” Compete in flip cup, beer pong and battle shots to establish once and for all whose wedding party rules. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
7. Take in an Amusement Park: What better way to kiss your single status goodbye than with death-defying, stomach-dropping roller coasters? Sometimes kid party ideas are the best party ideas. (via Wedding Bee)
10. Enjoy a Nice Meal: Take a cue from J. Simpson and go out for dinner with your friends and family. Take a few moments to enjoy each other before the craziness ensues (without any responsibility for the dishes). (via Dominick’s)
Are you into the Jack and Jill party idea, or are you planning a classic bachelorette, phallic straws and all? Sound off below!