If you’ve ever planned a wedding or are currently planning one, you know how much of an impact the food has on the reception and… everything else. It gets expensive to feed all those people! But if you’re thinking you’ll have to stick with a cake and punch reception, think again. There are lots of creative wedding buffet menus that are budget-friendly and will make your reception unique. Take a look and get inspired by 14 DIY wedding ideas for buffets that will please you and your guests.
5. Float and Milkshake Buffet: Everyone loves ice cream. If you are planning a summer wedding, consider serving up all the ingredients for the best ice cream floats ever. (via Laura Ivanova Photography)
6. Chili Bar: If you’ve got family pining to help with your big day, ask them to make you a big pot of chili for the reception. Then all you have to do is provide the toppings for a wedding buffet to remember. (via Acqua Photo)
8. Bloody Mary Bar: Looking for a buffet to please your adult guests? Try putting together a Bloody Mary bar for major kicks. This is also a great idea for the morning-after brunch. (via Verna Pitts Photography)
11. Mini Pie Bar: Of course the people that don’t like strawberries or are allergic to peanut butter are going to be bummed if you serve up one kind of pie. So let them make their own mini ones to their liking. (via Play Party Pin)
14. Donuts and Coffee Bar: Morning weddings are always so fresh and lovely. Make yours even more so by serving up the best donuts around. Brownie points if you serve hot chocolate alongside your coffee. (via Kristin Julia Photography)
Do you have any creative wedding buffet ideas? We’d love to hear about them below!