You’re totally excited for the holiday season and all those killer parties it brings, but when it comes to the attire… well, that’s a whole other story. Dresses and duds that require even an ounce of effort are totally off the table — you need that precious energy to shake it with the best of ’em out on the dance floor. Luckily, looking flawless doesn’t have to mean spending hours on your look. Just toss on one of these 20 fab frocks and you’ll be ready to own any room you walk into — no effort needed.
1. Cynthia Rowley Flocked Swing Dress ($395): This graphic retro print injects a sweet, swingy silhouette with a note of playfulness, while delivering a dash of modern allure.
2. COS Draped Sleeve Dress ($125): If feminine and flirty aren’t really your thing, donning a dress can be a big deal. Instead of throwing on duds that definitely don’t do it for your style, stick with pared-down pieces like this draped-sleeve number.
3. ASOS Star Ombre T-Shirt Dress ($215): Pulling off sports chic at a party is 100% possible if you’ve got this glittery garb in tow. Dress it up with metallic pumps and a sleek cuff.
4. Kimchi Blue Woven Cut-Out Back Frock Dress ($69): Cool cut-outs put a chic contemporary twist on a timeless shift for a dress you’ll want to whip out for every event on your agenda.
5. Reformation Orion Dress ($148): This super flattering, metallic knit dress deserves a place in your holiday lineup. The subtle shimmer makes it feel festive, while the stretch fabric makes for an incredibly comfortable frock.
6. Talula Cadogan Dress ($110): Now this is what one-stop sophistication looks like: A pretty plum hue, flowy silhouette and bow-neck will make this frock your new go-to.
7. Free People She’s Something Mini Dress ($128): It’s all about the statement sleeves, ladies. A few cascading ruffles go a long way in making this mini dress a standout piece. Go for simplicity when it comes to the add-ons to really let this bad boy shine.
8. ASOS Curve Red Carpet Embellished Fringed Shift Dress ($171): Whether you’re a girl constantly on the go or you simply like getting dressed to be as easy as possible, this is the dress you need. The shimmery fringe means this frock can totally hold its own — no accessories needed.
9. Wilfred Poncet Dress ($225): If one glance at this velvety plum number isn’t enough to spark your attention, the hidden pockets certainly will.
10. Forever21 Contemporary V-Neck Shift Dress ($23): Work some bell sleeves into your holiday wardrobe for an on-point look in two seconds flat. For an extra-polished appearance that’s also unexpected, add statement drop earrings and platform loafers.
11. Mango Metallic Gown ($130): The ultimate sexy outfit is one that is perfectly balanced. Instead of taking hours to plan out the ideal outfit, just rock this golden number instead. Slinky and sassy, it’s a little bit sultry and totally classy.
12. Pepin Louise Dress ($396): When a carefree silhouette combines with funky accents, you’ve got a recipe for a major fashion success. Toss this cream-colored frock on when you’re looking to make an impression without actually making an effort.
13. Forever21 Tassel Cami Slip Dress ($33): Tassel trim will inject a festive note in your holiday getup without going over the top. Wear it with statement kicks or keep it simple with classic pumps.
15. Madewell Sloan Jumpsuit ($138): This crepe jumpsuit is simple and chic lazy-day loungewear you can totally rock out on the town. The belt is removable, so you can swap it out for a sleek metallic cincher when you want to turn up the heat.
16. & Other Stories Agate Print Mini Dress ($95): Getting all gussied up doesn’t have to mean donning fussy, fancy duds. This funky graphic number packs all the polish you need without crampin’ your laid-back style.
17. Silence + Noise Glittery T-Shirt Dress ($69): A wide boxy cut and shimmery silver fabric mean you can cut it up on the dance floor with ease (no wardrobe malfunctions here).
18. Forever21 Contemporary Slit-Sleeve Crepe Shift Dress ($23): Subtle slits give this understated shift dress a healthy dose of wow-factor. Wear it on its own or pair it up with a long lariat necklace.
19. Mango Belt Gown ($150): This long gown feels fit for royalty with its lovely layers. The lightweight fabric and relaxed silhouette make it easy to wear too.
20. Zara Long Velvet Dress ($169): The easiest way to stay cozy without compromising your style cred? Of-the-moment fabrics like super soft velvet. Pair it with chunky heeled boots and minimalist baubles.
How do you do the whole dress-up thing when all you want to do is rock a pair of sweats? Tell us in the comments!