The Fourth of July is the perfect opportunity to channel your inner Taylor Swift and be the hostess with the mostest (red lippy required). You’re already making a classic flag cake for your BBQ, so you might as well show off your mad bartending skills by layering up a few red, white and blue drinks too. Whether they’re cocktails, smoothies or kid-friendly summer mocktails, there’s a patriotic layered beverage out there for everyone. Stock up on festive straws and sparklers, because you’ll want to dress these drinks up as much as possible. Keep reading for 12 easy and impressive layered drinks that’ll make your Fourth of July party a total hit.
1. Bomb Pop Jello Shot: You can’t have a raging Independence Day BBQ without Jello shots. Instead of resorting to your standard jiggly bites, take the time to make these layered ones that resemble your favorite childhood popsicle. (via Bread Booze Bacon)
2. The Independent: If you don’t have the time to layer every drink, incorporate the style into your ice cubes. Red cherry Kool-aid, coconut milk and raspberry Kool-aid are frozen into large ice cube trays and used to accessorize your fave sparkling cocktail. (via The Gastronom)
3. Firecracker Cocktail: When layering cocktails, you’ll want to layer the thicker and more heavily sweetened liquids on the bottom and the lighter liquids on top. This one has cranberry juice cocktail on the bottom, blue Curacao liqueur and vodka in the middle and club soda on top to finish. (via Always Order Dessert)
4. Frozen Boozy Bomb Pop Drink: To say this drink is the bomb would be an understatement. Cherry and blue raspberry vodkas spike their respected layers for a, icy, refreshing cocktail you’ll want to sip on all day long. (via Simply Fresh Cooking)
5. Inaugural Boozy Milkshake: Adding a little bit of bourbon to your milkshake sounds like the best idea EVER. Split up the shake and add a few drops of food coloring to mimic the American flag. (via She Knows)
6. July 4th Layered Drinks: These kid-friendly drinks are so fun, everyone will want to make their own. Cran-apple juice, Piña Colada-flavored juice and Gatorade make up this cheery beverage that’s as delicious as it is adorable. (via In Katrina’s Kitchen)
7. Layered 4th of July Drink: Use a mini star cookie cutter to make these adorable watermelon garnishes for your signature holiday mocktail. This recipe is booze-free, but if you’re in need of an adult beverage, feel free to add a bit of coconut rum to the bottom layer. (via Skip to My Lou)
8. Triple Berry Frozen Smoothies: Not all patriotic layered drinks have to be boozy or full of sugar. Wake up on the Fourth and make yourself this healthy breakfast smoothie that will keep you going through each and every cookout you attend. (via In Katrina’s Kitchen)
9. Red, White and Blueberry Margaritas: You may never want regular margs again after trying these tangy and sweet coconut berry ‘ritas. Make sure to keep the layers fairly thick so they don’t bleed into one another. (via Gimme Some Oven)
10. Red, White and Blue Vodka Lemonade Slushies: Talk about an invigorating drink for a steamy summer day. Crushing your ice in the blender before layering your drinks means you’ll keep cool until the very last sip. (via And They Cooked Happily Ever After)
12. Patriotic Panna Cotta Shooters: These creamy and fruity coconut panna cotta shooters will be the centerpiece of your Independence Day bash. The edible gold star garnish is an absolute must. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.