Halloween is one of our favorite events (in case you hadn’t noticed). We can’t wait to get the candy coma started with lots of pumpkin carving, silly games and trick or treating. Most of us can’t even wait till Halloween night to start wearing our costumes, but sometimes those outfits don’t scream “work appropriate.” If your office is dedicating a dress-up day to celebrate, you’re gonna want to wear something that’s playful (punny, even), fairly modest (so leave the sexy carrot costume at home) and comfortable enough for you to get all your work done. Here are 15 DIY costumes that won’t make HR think twice.
2. Frida Kahlo: Channel your inner artist and dig through your closet for some bright colors and long skirts. If you’re feeling brave, embrace the unibrow and put a monkey on your shoulder for the complete look. (via The House That Lars Built)
3. Zombie Secretary: Spilled some coffee on that go-to button down? Cover it up with a more Halloween-appropriate stain and be scary pretty with some dark eyeshadow and a blood red lip. Just like that, a perfect at-work costume is born. (via Brit + Co)
5. Mary Poppins: Tie a red ribbon around your neck and glue some flowers into a bowler hat for a simple and classy costume option. Even if it doesn’t look like rain, grab an umbrella for extra character. (via Say Yes)
6. Leather Cat Ears: A cat costume doesn’t have to be scandalous! Just whip up some cute leather ears. But you’re gonna need to apply a next-level cat eye to be in the running for Best Office Costume. (via Gina Michele)
9. Ashley Olsen: Sometimes it’s just one of those mornings, so pull it off gracefully with a wig to hide your morning hair and pile on some chunky sweaters for a classic Olsen twin costume that is still comfortable. (via Brit + Co)
13. LED Headbands: Get into the Halloween spirit without going overboard with a DIY LED headband. Cat ears, crown or a spirited message will do the trick and get you a couple treats along the way. (via Brit + Co)
How do you celebrate Halloween at your office? Talk to us in the comments below!