10 Things a BFF Will Never Judge You For
Having a #girlsquad is awesome for all the reasons, but your absolute best friends are the ones who want to hang out with you any time, all the time. No. Matter. What. You can pretty much do anything and your BFFs will still want to be by your side — whether it’s Netflix bingeing on a Saturday night or spending an entire day hunting for the perfect summer slip dress — these are all the things that make the bestie relationship so special. And even when it’s not all fun, they’re with you through thick and thin and are always there in your neediest hour. Which is probably why there are certain things that you know you can only get away with around your best friend — things that would make your other friends crazy but don’t even phase your BFF. Keep reading for our top 10 reasons that we love our besties!
1. You text obsess. Who else could you spend hours crafting the *perfect* message with?! While other friends might not have the patience to discuss emoji choice at length, your best friend does it with a smile.
2. You pick up where you left off with no notice. Even if a conversation ended hours, days, or even years ago, you can always start talking about basically anything and instead of being confused or getting annoyed, your BFF would know exactly what you’re talking about — kind of like mind reading, but for people who’ve spent a lot of time together.
3. You eat ice cream for dinner. Or French fries, Doritos, or any other food that’s not exactly a whole, nutritious meal. The best part? You know you can do this around them without judgment, even if you complain about feeling full/queasy/bloated afterward.
4. You leave the bathroom door open. Because you’re on that level. Why stop a conversation just because you’ve got to go?
5. You want to talk about that ex. You know, the one that literally everyone else reflexively rolls their eyes at the mention of. Your BFF always has your back when you want to rehash the whole sitch even when you just want to vent about how things ended.
6. You are brutally honest. Not everyone likes hearing the truth, but your best friend knows that if you tell them something that’s hard to hear, it’s always out of love. Whether you’re giving them a heads up that their outfit isn’t working today or that their new S.O. is being a jerk, you know you can say absolutely anything without fear of repercussions.
7. You ugly cry at your fave rom-com. Lots of people cry when they see sad movies, but renting The Notebook on iTunes expressly for the purpose of getting a really good cry in? That’s a BFF-only activity.
8. You pinch their style. From that super cute new top or the latest must-read novel, your BFF doesn’t mind when you recognize they bought something awesome and you want to grab one for yourself too. Whether it’s clothing or accessories, chances are they won’t even mind twinning sometimes.
9. You’re not always in the mood to chat. When you’re truly comfortable with someone, silence stops being awkward. Chilling on the couch with your bestie might mean non-stop convo, but it could also mean just enjoying being together in the same space with zero pressure to be “on.”
10. You admit to having no plans. You might prefer to play it cool with other friends when they ask you what you’re up to this weekend, but “LOL nothing” is a totally okay response when it comes to your BFF. Plus, if they’re in the same boat, it’s pretty much guaranteed you’ll end up meeting up to do nothing together.
Why does your BFF let you get away with? Tell us about it @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)