11 Sleeping Apps to Help Insomniacs Rest Up This Holiday Season
Although we LOVE the holiday season, finding time to do everything on our Christmas to-do list can be hella stressful. From planning the Christmas dinner menu to buying (and wrapping) gifts for him and her, there’s just too much to do… and not enough time to do it. But since stress can have seriously scary effects on your body, we’re avoiding holiday burnout syndrome by downloading these sleep apps to help us recharge for a busy and festive December.
1. Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock: This cool-gal app is pretty much the standard when it comes to sleep-friendly alarm clocks, and it’s not hard to see why. It’s an intelligent alarm clock that analyzes your sleep and wakes you up in your lightest sleep phase, so you’ll be waaay less likely to hit the snooze button.
2. Sleep Genius: Offering “sleep programs” that lull you into a deep sleep, this popular app is perfect for the gal with too many things on her mind at nighttime. Simply open the app, choose your program and you’ll be fast asleep before you can say nightlight.
3. White Noise: If you’re one of those people who need a little background noise to fully relax, this free-to-download white noise app is perfect. With over forty looped sounds — from crashing waves to a cat purring — it helps you block distractions and get some much-needed zzzs.
4. Relax and Sleep Well: While meditation isn’t for everyone, this hypnosis and meditation app claims to help calm your mind and put you to sleep in thirty minutes or less. Heck, it’s worth a try!
5. Sleepbot: Restless sleepers and sleep talkers, this is the app for you. Along with the tools most commonly found in sleep trackers (an alarm, analytics and soothing background noises), Sleepbot actually tracks your movement and sound. Get ready to finally know all the crazy things you say to yourself at 3am, folks.
6. Pzizz: Generously dubbed the sleeping app to the stars (JK Rowling tweeted about it once), this handy app uses the science of psychoacoustics and a combination of music, voiceover and sound effects to help you sleep like a baby.
7. DreamZ: If you’ve always wanted to have a lucid dream (AKA be able to control what you do and see in dreamland), you have to download this app PRONTO. By stimulating the brain during REM sleep with lights and sounds from your iPhone, you greatly increase the odds of gaining awareness inside your dreams. Now if only we could decide where we would go first…
DL It: $2.99 on iOS
8. Sleep Better by Runtastic: Along with tracking sleeping patterns and being a handy dream journal, this cool app will also tell you how your daily habits are affecting your sleep. By entering in your daily data (caffeine and alcohol consumption, exercise info and stress level), you can finally determine the best tools to get your beauty sleep.
9. My Sleep Button: Although it might not be the prettiest app in the store, this critically acclaimed app is actually a genius tool for falling asleep. Using the power of visualization, users are prompted to imagine a series of scenes and places until they’re fast asleep. Yep, it’s really that simple.
10. Sleepasaurus: If your kiddo isn’t sleeping well, try checking out this kid-friendly nighttime app. Simply let your tot pick out their own dinosaur as a sleeping buddy and have them sprinkle magic dust on them to fall asleep and stay asleep… just maybe not on Christmas morning.
DL It: $1.99 on iOS
Do you use tech to fall asleep? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)