When it comes to gift wrapping season, pros and amateurs alike have one problem in common: storing gift wrap supplies. And let’s face it — as much as you love the presentation factor that your gifts pull off, you’re sick of shoving ribbons, paper and gift toppers into a cupboard or basket. We’ve done our digging and rounded up the best wrapping stations and organizers to inspire you to throw your own together. Scroll on and take your pick from a behind-the-door organizer, a do-it-all pegboard and even more Pin-worthy gift wrap ideas.
1. Elastic Hair Bands: Storing tall rolls of wrapping paper is now a cinch with this hack. Attach an ordinary trash can to a door or wall, and criss-cross elastic hair bands above the can to secure them in place. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
2. Behind-the-Door Storage: When you’re working with limited space, every inch becomes important. Turn the inside of your closet door into a storage compartment for your gift wrapping supplies by adding a pegboard, slots, hooks and various storage containers. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
3. DIY Ultimate Holiday Gift Wrap Station: If there’s one thing a gift wrapper *needs,* it’s a pegboard. Make sure you’re caught prepared for whatever event comes your way with a DIY pegboard organizer. Just head on over to our tutorial for the deets! (via Brit + Co)
4. Ribbon Storage: Turn a hand towel rack into a handy ribbon holder. Just unscrew the caps on either side to slide on the spools and let the coils fall into the base. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
5. Ribbon Dispenser: Who knew a perforated basket made the *perfect* ribbon dispenser? Just thread each end of the ribbon through a hole and secure all the spools in place with a wooden dowel or chopstick. (via Homemaker)
6. DIY Washi Tape Storage: Use wire-hinged hooks and a wooden dowel to hang your collection of washi tape. It’s storage that’s colorful enough to work as a piece of wall art! (via Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom)
7. Ribbon Container: If having all your ribbons out on display feels too cluttered for your liking, make this closed-off wooden ribbon container. It can double as a shelf when mounted on the wall. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
8. Bookcase: Transform an old bookcase into a crafter’s dream gift wrap station with as little as added dowels. Just remove your shelves and fit wooden dowels in place to store your ribbons. To get the extra pop, paint the inside of the bookcase with a nice jewel tone. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
9. Home Depot Stanton Wrapping Carts ($199): Here’s a gift wrapping cart you won’t need to assemble if you plan on keeping it stationary. This option from Home Depot features eight ribbon dowels and three drawers to store all your supplies neatly. (via Honey, I’m Home / Home Depot)
10. DIY Storage Containers: These faux-bois canisters are just what’s needed to store your rolls of wrapping paper without compromising your existing decor. This fun and functional decor can be customized to best fit your space. (via Magnolia Market)
11. Party-Paper Storage Hamper: A hamper is basically a giant storage container. It’ll hold everything from rolls of wrapping paper to spools of ribbon and other gift wrapping supplies. Just make sure to get one that’s tall enough to fit your gift wrap. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
12. JOKARI Hanging Gift Wrap Organizer ($25): Thanks to its clear design, the JOKARI organizer makes finding everything *so* easy. You can store up to 12 rolls of your favorite wrapping paper and more. Plus, its brass hanger allows you to hang and use it virtually anywhere.
13. Pipe It Up: No worries if you don’t have a copper pipe laying around. Just use something similarly shaped to hold all of your washi tape. (via Something Turquoise)
14. Shower Caddy Gift-Wrap Organization: Mount a shower caddy onto the wall to turn it into the *perfect* gift-wrapping organizer. Store cards and stationery in the shelves and hang whatever else you need on the hooks. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
15. DIY Gift Wrap Hutch: Although this piece is used as a shooting station, it works just as well for what it was designed to do. Just place your gift on the gift wrap hutch, grab what you need and wrap it up in a jiffy! (via Something Turquoise)
16. Improvements Wellesley Gift Wrap Station ($200): This smart wrap station comes loaded with just about every kind of organization option you can think of. If you’re an avid crafter, this gift mobile wrap station may already be calling your name.
Are you a gift wrapping enthusiast? Follow us on Pinterest for helpful holiday tips and tricks!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.