Meet Muji: 20 Home Products from Our Fave Design Shop
Distinguished by its minimalist design, emphasis on recycling, and avoidance of waste in both production and packaging, we are huge fans of Muji here at Brit + Co. Sure, we love bursts of color in every way, shape, and form, but sometimes minimalist, modern things are best, especially as staples in the home.
Muji’s no-brand look is so unusual that it has turned into a style of it’s own. Here are 20 home products that are sure to fit seamlessly into your home design.
1. Splash-Proof Smartphone Speaker ($70): First up, a little bit of tech. This portable speaker works with any smartphone, includes a touch panel making it easy to listen to music and use any other apps you like, even when you’re in the shower or at the pool. It runs on batteries, so it’s great for travel as well.
2. Check List Stamp ($4): How adorable is this stamp? Forget making a million little boxes every single day you need to make a checklist! :)
3. Silicone Ice Ball Maker ($12): We’re going to have to order one of these to see just how clear you can get the ice sphere to be. And we love the idea of using it to make other desserts.
4. LED Hook Light ($29): If you need a portable light and there isn’t a convenient plug, throw an LED hook light up. This is another gadget that’s great for travel.
5. Portable Scissors ($9): These adorable scissors are airplane-friendly for all the DIYing you want to do on your next cross-country flight.
6. Rice Storage Box ($11): Both clean and useful, this storage box includes a handy measuring cup as the cap.
7. Wall-Mounted CD Player + Radio ($100): This charming CD player (yes, people still play CDs) is a minimal piece of wall art for playing your favorite tunes. Simply pull the cable to play.
8. Wind-Up Shredder ($12): If you only need to do a little bit of shredding here and there, this is a must for your workspace.
10. Travel Alarm Clock ($40): Make sure you’ve got the time wherever you go with this compact pop-up clock.
11. Silicone Tray – Dog ($18): Okay, this might actually be the most random item we came across in the Muji online store, but we had to include it. Dog-shaped sugar cookies, anyone?
12. Hand-Knitted Wine Bag ($11): Hand-knitted from polypropylene, this wine bag is ready for your next picnic.
13. Alphabet Cookie Cutters ($40): You know we love a good cookie cutter! The only thing we’re wondering is how big these cookie cutters are.
14. PET Pump Bottles ($6): For a simple pump made from recycled materials, these Muji soap dispensers fit the bill and come in a few different colors.
15. Heat Reactive Cityscape Mug ($28): Care for a little heat-reactive tech with your morning coffee? The cityscape on this mug shows up only when the mug is warm.
16. Aluminum Low Table Wagon ($111): Yep, Muji also makes furniture! This utility wagon works as a coffee table, nightstand, or just general side table in any room in your house.
17. Clock Stickies ($4): Love this way of organizing the day or letting someone know when they need to be somewhere.
18. Mini Colored Pencils ($11): I personally have a set of these and take them on just about every trip. They are compact enough to fit in your purse and come in a set of 36 colors.
19. Handy Duster ($17): For some reason, this little duster makes us think of a Disney character.
20. Clear Playing Cards ($18): Last, a set of playing cards so minimal that they’re see-through! Of course, all of the cards look the same in the eyes of your opponent.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)