7 Reasons Disneyland’s Mickey’s Halloween Party Is a Total MUST
While any time is a good time to go to Disneyland, Halloween is extra special (and delightfully spooky). Mickey’s Halloween Party takes place over 17 nights (from September 23 to October 31), and the happiest place on Earth goes through an epic transformation with oodles of candy, over-the-top costumes (hello, Hocus Pocus squad goals) and experiences and entertainment that are ONLY available during this time. Eat the delicious Disneyland dishes, ride the rides and celebrate Halloween time in full-on Disney style. Note: This is a separate admission than the regular park ticket, and it sells out fast!
1. The Epic Costumes: This is the only time us adults can dress up in oh-so-awesome costumes and visit the most magic of kingdoms. During the rest of the year, you might go to the park in a subtle Disney-bounding ensemble, but if you want to dress head-to-toe as Cinderella (from glittering tiara to crystal shoes), this is your time to shine. There’s tons of inspo out there for costume ideas, from more obscure Disney characters like Gadget Hackwrench to the magic carpet from Aladdin. One of the most amazing things about Mickey’s Halloween Party is seeing all the crazy clever and beautifully executed costumes attendees wear.
2. The Parade: The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow makes his Disneyland debut this Halloween season when he kicks off the brand new parade fittingly entitled the Frightfully Fun Parade. During this eerie procession, Jack Skellington of The Nightmare Before Christmas will bring along residents of Halloweentown, Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog will summon his Shadow Men and the Haunted Mansion will come to “afterlife,” with ballroom dancers, gravediggers and, of course, the hitchhiking ghosts. Other parade crashers include villains such as the Evil Queen, Jafar, Cruella and more. (Photo via Disney Parks)
3. The Themed Halloween Dinner: During these special party nights, The Blue Bayou restaurant in New Orleans Square (with a gorgeous view of Pirates of the Caribbean) is holding a Halloween Dinner, a “bewitching three-course” feast. Included in your meal booking is preferred viewing at the Frightfully Fun Parade, and who doesn’t loved preferred seating?!
4. The Villains: If you have a thing for villains, then you’ve gotta make it out to the soiree. Not only will popular baddies like Maleficent, Captain Hook and the Evil Queen be in attendance, but you might spot characters that aren’t in heavy rotation, like Lady Tremaine from Cinderella, the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, Hades from Hercules and Claude Frollo from Hunchback of Notre Dame.
5. The Fireworks: Things explode and get spooky during Halloween Screams, a fireworks show that is exclusively available to those lucky guests at Mickey’s Halloween Party. Jack Skellington is the “Master of Scare-omonies” for the pyrotechnic performance honoring everyone’s fave villains from Ursula to Maleficent. (Photo via Disney Parks)
6. The Cadaver Dans: We all know that the Dapper Dans are AMAZING but when they transform into the Cadaver Dans, they’re even more so. The quartet belts out haunted harmonies with songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas to the Grim Grinning Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion. (Photo via Disney Parks)
7. The Treats: If you have a sweet tooth, then this party REALLY is for you. Throughout the park there will be treat stations where you can load up on mini chocolate bars, various candies and even healthy snacks like apple slices. And when I say “load up” I mean it — no tricks, you will leave with a hefty bag of treats. (Photo via Disney Parks)
Have you gone to Mickey’s Halloween Party before? Tweet us @BritandCo and let us know!
(Featured photo via Disney Parks)
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)