9 Apps to Kickstart Your Mental Health Resolutions
While it’s always a good idea to make it a resolution to get fit and eat healthy in the New Year, we’re also making it a priority to get our brains in shape by trying to live more mindfully in 2017. That’s why we decided to set ourselves up for success (because let’s be honest — sticking to a New Year’s resolution is TOUGH) by added these nine mental health apps to our smartphone.
1. Simple Habit: If you’ve never meditated before but want to start, we suggest downloading this app pronto. Since their sessions are just five minutes per day (for both specific symptoms and specific careers), it’s the perfect activity for busy gals to do in the morning for all-day relaxation.
3. Worry Watch: If you’re the type of person who over-worries about EVERYTHING, this is a great tool to have on your device. Simply log what’s bothering you in the app, track how it turned out, analyze your worrying trends and reflect for next time. You’ll be surprised at how helpful it is.
DL It: $1.99 on iOS
4. Pacifica: Based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, this zen app is packed with features: a daily mood tracker, mindfulness audio tools, thought analysis, daily challenges, daily health tracker, private groups, public communities… and more!
6. Koko: Because Facebook isn’t really the space to air your dirty laundry (hint hint, rando high school friends!), researchers at MIT developed this amazing social network where users can post their stress anonymously and get help from real people.
DL It: Free on iOS
7. Happify: Everyone wants to feel happier, but sometimes getting past our daily stresses and anxieties can seem impossible without a little help. Meet Happify, the daily dose of mindfulness that’s actually kind of fun. Go ahead, start 2017 off on a positive note.
8. Personal Zen: You wouldn’t think that playing a game would reduce your stress levels, but it totally can! Personal Zen is clinically proven to reduce stress in just five minutes a day. Just trace the path of the happy sprite with your finger and work your way to a de-stressed life. It’s that simple.
DL It: Free on iOS
9. What’s Up: Utilizing the best of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Acceptance Commitment Therapy, this cool app is perfect for the gal who doesn’t want a million apps on her phone. From breathing techniques to metaphors to help you cope with negative thoughts to a comprehensive diary, it has it all… and it’s free too.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)